Chapter 39 • Rebels

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
(31/05/2017)

JADEN'S POV

[Flashback]

"Awesome!" Jordan said when the robot was done and fully functional.

"Let's go show dad." I suggested and we scurried up from the grass and we ran towards the huge house that many would call a mini mansion. It took a lot of twists and turns until we made it to the wooden door where Dad's home office was. We didn't even bother to knock as we barged in.

"Da—" Jordan and I were cut off by Dad raising a finger to signal that we should keep quiet. We did exactly what his finger suggested as he continued with one of his many business calls.

"Okay…I think you should hand that over to William…Exactly…Okay…Uh huh…No problem…Okay, we'll see everything when we're all gathered together." Dad hung up and typed on his computer.

"Dad!" Jordan and I both ran up to him with excitement rushing through our veins.

"Yes boys?" He didn't even bother looking at us because his eyes were glued to the screen.

"Come outside! We made something!" I started.

"Yeah, and it's so cool." Jordan added.

"Sounds nice boys, but I have a very serious call to make right now, so just go show mom." He suggested. Jordan and I left his office and we headed to our bedroom. We couldn't do what Dad suggested because Mom went away for a conference somewhere in Wyoming. With a mopey attitude, we walked into our room and we sat down on my bed.

"They never have time for us." I said, twiddling with my thumbs.

"I just with they would stop working so much." Jaden said, resting his head in his hands. We fantasised a bit on how it would've been fun to have a day where we would all have fun like a family for once. Our conversation was cut off the moment we heard sniffling. We looked up and we saw Vanessa standing by our door with a forced happy face.

"Hey guys." Vanessa came in and stood in front of us. "What's up?"

"Well we were making a programmable Lego robot in the backyard," Jordan started, "but now, we're just sulking." I finished.

"Wow, that sounds awesome." Vanessa praised.

"That's what I said!" Jordan exclaimed.

"Then since it's so awesome, lets go check it out. Hey, then what about we get some ice cream after that?" Vanessa suggested.

"Let's go!" I jumped off the bed, clearly happy for some ice cream.

[Flashback End]

"Are you even listening?" My dad snapped me out of my flashback session.

"No." Jordan and I both said.

"What has gotten into the both of you?" I heard dad mutter, "Anyways, what do you guys say?" He clapped his hands with a smile on his face.

"No." Jordan and I both repeated with straight faces.