Chapter 24 • Chocolatehoneybobomarshmallowtangerinepants

(24/11/2016)

•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•
Dedicated to: AbeerSohail
•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•

  •  •

MARNISE'S POV

"Hey boo." I answered my phone as I was packing my school books. Today was the biggest day for me. I, Marnise Hudson am about to change the course of a multi billion dollar company because of an idea I had while eating jelly beans behind my mentor.

I can't believe that I ,a seventeen year old, came up with an idea that others didn't who are many more years older than me.

"Hey bae." Robbie greeted on the other line.

I lodged my phone between my shoulder and ear so that I could carry on packing my books. "How you doing?"

"Tired as fuck." He huffed

"What did I tell you about cussing in my presence?"

"But I'm not in your presence."

"Okay, let's put this in other words, do you want your daughter's first words to be a string of profanities?"

"Good point. I take what I said, even though it was the truth, back."

"Remind me the next time I see you, I should punch you."

"Noted."

"So what did you do that made you so tired?"

"Angel kept me awake all night long."

"You're lucky you have an afternoon shift today. Can you do me a favour and tell Linda I can't come today."

"Why?"

"I have a huge meeting and I can't be late." I finished packing my books and I made my way outside to sit on the white bench.

"The life of a seventeen year old." He chuckled.

"The struggle is real."

"What's the meeting about?"

"I'm going to have to present an idea of mine in front of the board and my dad."

"Hmm, my best friends is actually a genius, who knew?"

"Shut up."

"Never!" I heard a loud 'clap' sound. "Ow!"

"What was that?"

"A hideous monster that I'm forced to live with." I heard another 'clap' sound. "I mean a beautiful woman that is the love of my life and I would do anything for her because I love her."

"Rob, I know you're infatuated with me, but you don't have to confess your love just yet."

"In your dreams, I'm talking about Nell."

"I know. Tell her I say hi."

"She says hi too."

"Is Angel there?"

"No hey, she gained superhuman strength and she tore a hole in the wall, crawled out of the hole and became the superhero Infant Armstrong." He said so sarcastically I could just imagine him rolling his eyes.