Chapter 32 • Shots Fired

(07/02/2017)

OMNISCIENT (Oneness' aka Author's) POV

"Carry on with what?" April scrunched her face up in confusion.

"You did say 'firstly' so carry on with your physical perception of me." She took another sip of her delicious tea.

"Are you sure you want to go through this?" Bailey asked.

"I am my own critic so she can't be any worse than me." Marnise nonchalantly said and she was ready to start taking mental notes.

"Really now?" Dylan asked. Zaya was like everyone else that were be the main table; she was just watching the scene unfold because she wanted to know what type of person Marnise is.

"Okay, " Amanda had a smirk on her face, "secondly like why are you so dark? An-"

"You call it being dark, I call it proof for having an awesome childhood from playing in the sun. The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice." Marnise cut Amanda off.

"Mmhh, thirdly you're really short." Amelia added.

"I actually don't see a problem with that because most people that are short look younger than they seem. So hypothetically speaking, in the eyes of a person that doesn't know me, I look like a freshman to them."

"True." Zaya nodded.

"What about that little accent you have?" April was very quick to say.

"It shows that I'm different which is a good thing." Marnise took another sip of her tea.

"Your short hair." Amelia said.

"It's actually two to three times it's own length. So if I were to take one strand and pull it out, it would be about six to nine inches long. But since it's too stubborn, it just stays in curls the entire time." Marnise explained.

"Shit. Then why don't you straighten it?" Dylan asked.

Marnise held her hair. "Do you have any idea how that would just damage my hair?! With the fact that basically most strands have split ends, but that makes it look poofier that it is."

"Really?" Zaya asked.

"Yep and I know I would rock a fade but I don't wanna cut my hair. I worked hard for this." She pointed to her hair.

"That's disgusting, most strands have split ends?!" Amelia exclaimed and Marnise just nodded in response.

"I honestly don't really care about them, some other afro owners take high notice of them but me? Not at all." Marnise replied.

"What about... your overall appearance? Don't you care what other people think?" Amanda asked.

"Nope." Marnise replied.

"Why?" April asked.

"Why not? I don't live so that other people can see me." Marnise took a huge gulp of her tea.

"Why do you look like a virgin?" Amelia asked; getting way too personal.

Just as everyone else was about to protest in Marnise's defence, "That's because I am." Marnise didn't seem fazed by the personal question.

"Wait, so what were you trying to say the other night?" Bailey asked.

"About what?" Marnise furrowed her eyebrows.

"About not being the type of girl to hit third base on the first date?" Bailey explained.

"Two things. One, I was trying to say that I have class and two, the only time I'm gonna hit third base with anyone is when I see a ring on this finger." Marnise showed her ring finger.