Chapter 14 - The Reaver's Arrival

Brooke, Amanda and Tyler all looked at each other nervously, they waited for the Reaver to make an appearance.

"Do you know what it looks like?" Amanda asked Rebecca.

"It limits our memories, it wants us to see the true meaning of fear without being able to explain it"

"Why would it want that?" asked Tyler.

"So spoilers aren't given" responded Rebecca but in a rather suspicious way.

Brooke gasped and took a step back.

"What's wrong Brooke?" asked Amanda.

"Doesn't it make you wonder why Rebecca is always at the scene, how she knows all about the Reaver, more than Marvin did, why she wanted us to go to Fearland?" Brooke responded.

"Yeah...you were always then when someone was killed" Amanda said in a rather angry tone.

"What?? I'm trying to help you guys" said Rebecca.

"Or you can be hiding the truth? so what is it? TELL US" Brooke demanded.

Rebecca's nervous smile quickly turned into an evil grin.

"You are all fucking pathetic" said Rebecca.

Her voice became demonic. Amanda and Tyler took a step back, Brooke who was full of confidence spoke up.

"So what is your secret?"

"I was born in the year 1934, I died in 1953, I awoke from what I thought was a bad dream, but I was really dead, I could roam the earth, touch things and talk to people, I'm not even sure if I was human, a ghost or both, I died because my parents were too poor to raise me so we lived in a house that was full of hazards, I was in a bathtub when the ceiling cracked and parts fell including the piano that was upstairs, I was crushed, I saw the people at my funeral telling my parents it wasn't their fault, but they just made them believe in rubbish. I killed them both by suffocating them, I soon realized after I killed people I gained more power. That's why I lured Marvin into Fearland the night of the tragedy by using a fake family as a disguise, he took the bait, easy enough, He didn't kill me that night, that's what I made you believe, I killed him"

"The memories, the people he supposedly killed, they were just images you were putting in our head so we would believe Marvin was behind all of it, when really you were" said Brooke.

"Then why did you allow him to the ritual?" asked Amanda.

"Somehow he managed to get control of his mind, but I made him see everything as a threat, that's why he would taunt and try to kill you, He thought the ritual was his only way out"

"So I guess the arrival has already happened... You're the Reaver" said Tyler.

"Well I guess you solved that riddle, but unfortunately for the three of you, your life comes to end at this exact moment"

Amanda, Tyler and Brooke ran towards the exit of the Haunted House Attraction, Rebecca tried to block their path by making something fall on the exit, but they managed to escape.

"We need to warn the rest of the neighbours and get the hell out of Burken Court" said Amanda.

The three of them ran towards the house that the Morgan's family lived in. But their path was blocked by Rebecca's sudden appearance.

"Memories are something you can cherish, it makes you feel good that you can remember a day that made you so happy" said Rebecca.

"Your memories are not what you would call normal, it's more psychotic" said Brooke nervously.

Rebecca disappeared.

"What is she doing?" asked Amanda.

"She is trying to control your mind, it gives her more power, Don't let her into your thoughts" responded Brooke.

Amanda walked over to the front door, opened it and walked inside, Brooke and Tyler followed.

Rebecca appeared again.

"Sometimes we block out the bad thoughts to keep the negative energy away, but in some circumstances it's a good thing to let the bad thoughts in" said Rebecca.

"Ignore her" said Brooke.

The three of them walked passed Rebecca and she disappeared again.

"Where is the family?" asked Tyler.

They weren't in the lounge room or the kitchen, so they had to be upstairs. The three of them walked up the stairs, they walked into the master bedroom and what they witnessed made them fall to the floor, the family had been murdered, blood splattered all over the wall, the bed and the floor.

Rebecca appeared again.

"Sometimes we can't save everyone and all we can do is let fate take its course" said Rebecca.