Chapter 15 - Unleashed

Rebecca remained in her position waiting for an answer.

"Do you think we are just going to give up?" asked Brooke.

"Well it seems you have no choice, give up or die slowly and painfully" responded Rebecca.

A loud bang could be heard coming from downstairs. Rebecca walked over to Amanda.

"You're the one who controls your thoughts, but you let the bad ones control you and now you can't get rid of the darkness that surrounds your mind"

Rebecca disappeared.

"FREEZE! DON'T MOVE!" a police officer shouted at Amanda.

"I didn't do this, ask..."

Amanda gasped, she didn't see Tyler and Brooke standing in front of her, she saw two clones of herself standing there, as if they were her reflections.

"You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to be speak to an attorney, and to have an attorney present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be provided for you at government expense" said the police officer.

the police officer cuffed Amanda, Amanda showed no reaction, she was puzzled by why there were two clones of herself instead of Tyler and Brooke. The police officer walked Amanda outside and put her in the back of the police car. As soon as the officer was about to step inside the vehicle, a white van pulled up, the logo on the van read: "Santiyon Institution" The door slid open and out came a woman.

"Let me talk to her" said the woman.

"And who exactly are you?" asked the police officer.

"My name is Doris Lanterwelms, I'm someone very important to her"

"Well can you explain why you are important?"

"I rather keep that private, if you don't mind"

The police officer sighed and gestured for her to go and see Amanda. Doris nodded politely in a way of saying thank you. She walked to the back of the car with her high heels hitting loud against the path. She opened the door on the opposite of where Amanda was sitting, got into the car and closed the door.

It remained quiet for a couple of minutes, Finally Doris went to speak, but Amanda cut her off before she had the chance to say anything.

"How could you not tell me?" asked Amanda.

Doris sighed.

"I thought I was doing the right thing, as a mother, all I wanted was for you to be happy, so I ha..."

"Happy? I was taunted for months, but I realized none of that was real, because I started to remember when the police officer handcuffed me"

"What did you remember?"

"The reason why people thought I was crazy, I tried to forget when I was born I was diagnosed with schizophrenia, no one would accept me as normal..."

"I need to tell you the truth Amanda, you don't know everything"

Amanda looked into her mother's eyes, tears fell from Amanda's eyes.

"When you were 8, you started talking to things that weren't there, I knew it had to do with schizophrenia, but I ignored it, and now I feel guilty every time I think about it, you made friends with these things that you thought were real, but you also created evil figures, your negative thoughts are what created them"

Doris grabbed Amanda's hand, Amanda pulled away.

"The trauma I dealt with ruined me, and you did nothing because you thought if you ignored it, I would become normal?"

"I'm sorry Amanda, you have to understand me" Doris said as she cried.

"I hated you for how you made me feel all these years, you neglected me, you cared about yourself bcause you didn't want people knowing that I was crazy"

Doris moved closer to Amanda, but the face wasn't Doris, it was Rebecca.

"Letting me back in too soon, your guard is down, you're the true definition of pathetic" said Rebecca.

Amanda screamed and started repeatedly hitting her back against the door.

"LET ME OUT!! SHE WILL KILL ME!" screamed Amanda.

The door opened and two men who were dressed in white pulled her out, put her in the back of the van and slid the door shut. Doris opened the door and walked out of the police car. She wiped the tears from her eyes, she walked over to the driver side of the van, the man winded down his window.

"Make sure she can't escape her room, she is dangerous and you don't know what she is capable of" said Doris.

The man nodded his head, started the van and drove off.