Chapter 2

Keane

It was 3 o'clock in the morning. Dammit.Where was this little punk? Getting a call from my very drunk best friend, asking me to come pick him up, so he could crash at my place because he can't stand going home to an empty apartment since his secretary ex-fiancée left him for her boss, was a such a pain. What a cliché. A very sad one at that.

I should have checked my voicemail. I bet he left me messages asking me to join him in his drinking spree. When I saw the missed calls earlier tonight and I ignored them, but a call at this hour, I couldn't ignore, since he hardly ever did it. Good thing the club he was at, was just three blocks away from my place. I wasn't sure if I could have dragged myself out of my place, had he been somewhere on the other side of the city.

I spotted him sitting face down on a table close to the dance floor. To get to him I had to cross the dance floor. But it was difficult as hell to get through the crowd. I realized there were people, mostly men, standing, rather than dancing, around two women.

My curiosity got me to stare at them too. There was a gorgeous dark haired woman with smoky eyes and red lips dancing sensuously with a blonde in blue. Their dancing was a sight to behold. They were writhing tenderly against each other, moving to the music. And all of the men were just standing there and staring lecherously. Judging by the looks they were throwing at the two dancing women, they all might as well have been collectively watching porn.

I walked around the crowd, stopped to take a look again, only to catch the dark haired ones' eyes.

Her eyes were mesmerizing, captivating, promising something, I didn't know what. Then a smile.

The smile appeared slowly and unsure, but it had an impact on me I didn't expect. As if everything around me, us, instantaneously vanished. There was just the dark haired vixen with her sensuous red lips and me. Our gaze is locked on to one another. Neither of us blinked. The moment seemed to last forever, as if a lifetime had passed around us, while we were just there, staring into each other's eyes.

What did I do? Did I at least smile back? What the heck?

I hoped I didn't look like a creepy idiot to her.

The eye-contact ended when her partner decided to twirl her. I continued watching them move and admired her hot body. Her legs looked sexy while she moved. Her black dress accentuated her curves at the right places, and her full breasts were illuminated to look even more inviting by the lights on the dance floor. I could feel a stirring in my groin. When a man stepped in front of me to have a look at the women too, it annoyed the hell out of me, but it also brought me back to reality.

That was the first time in a while that I had shown any interest at all in the existence of one of the opposite sex. I wasn't expecting anything at all tonight. I just wanted to get Alex and go back home.

I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts of Ms. Red Lips and her delectably hot body. Those breasts looked really inviting.

Dazed I tried to remember where I was heading.

Ahh, right. I was there to fetch Alex, my idiot best friend, who instead of drinking himself senseless in a bar, decided to get drunk in a club full of people. As if he could actually bring himself to chat up women so soon after being dumped by the gold-digging witch. He, the unwavering, hopeless romantic should have known better.

"Rise and shine, dickhead. Up, stand up. We are leaving! Come on, hurry up, let's go!" I said as I heaved him up, pulling his one arm over my shoulder, while supporting him by the waist. Alex lulled incomprehensible words, looked into my eyes and smiled, but there was no sign of recognition in them.

We made our way to the exit, luckily the crowd had dissipated.

Wait. Where was she?

Pity. I would have loved to watch her move her amazing body again or gaze into those amazing eyes one more time. If ever I get to see her again, I would ask for her number. I wanted a piece of that hotness.

Really? Where did that come from? Was I ready for a new relationship? What relationship? HA! As if!

A short fling, maybe. A one-night-stand, more likely. But definitely not something more permanent like a romance.

Pfffff. She was attractive, alright. Her gaze and lips in combination with her sexy body have awoken something in me. My libido to be precise. So what was this nonsense about something more than a tryst?

I needed to blow off some steam. Next time, soon, I'd have to find a woman for one night only. That should do it. But if I did see her again, I should at least try to find out if she was interested in a short fling. That was all I wanted. She would probably not agree because she didn't really have the vibe of a short-fling-having kind of woman.

I had to stop wasting my time with thoughts of her. As if I could actually see her again in this big city. Fat chance!

I focused on holding my friend and steering him out of the club again. The stench of alcohol and sweat of the people were bugging my nose. It had been a while since I had gone to a club, I had almost forgotten the nastiness of a night out after consuming so much alcohol. The hangover on the day after was the worst. My idiot friend would have something to look forward to in a few hours.

I was deep in thought when I heard a giggle. It grew louder and louder until it turned into a laugh so crystal clear and full of happiness. The sound was so contagious, I had to look for the owner of that laughter. I turned my head, craning and stretching my neck to find the origin of the sound.

After a few moments, I finally found her. Ms. Red Lips. Once again I couldn't stop staring at her, she was looking up skywards her eyes closed tightly, trying to suppress the laughter that seemed to be bursting out of her. I stared at the arch of her neck and imagined licking it, nibbling it or even biting into it.

Must be delicious.

There was a single tear running down her right eye. She was holding both arms across her belly that might have been cramping because of her laughing fits.

She is so damn hot.

"I am serious, Ems. I am going to puke." said the blonde.

"Well, go into the alley. You and I share the same gift of empathetic hurling. So, you already know, if I get too close, we will both be alternately vomiting to no end. I will wait here until you are done." replied Ms. Red Lips laughingly.

That made me grin.

I had to know her. No relationship, no. But, something. I couldn't let her leave my life without having tried to know her a little bit. Just for a short while. A distraction was exactly what I needed.

--------
Dear readers,

What did you think of the new characters?

What will happen next?

I would love to hear your thoughts!

Don't forget to click the star button if you like this chapter!

If you don't like it, leave a comment and tell me why!

Don't worry I won't bite!

I seriously, from the bottom of my heart want to improve my writing, so just give it to me straight!

Yours,
Callie