Chapter Twelve: Samantha

February was at an end and we were in Japan. I'd been in more places in three weeks than I had been in my entire twenty-one years of life. There was no denying that being One Direction's assistant was the hardest thing I'd ever done. I had to keep up with their appointments, flight times, outfit changes, and interviews. All five boys were vastly different in their own way and I'd figured that out insanely quick.

                  Zayn hated waking up and Louis always overslept. Niall was like a child and Liam was insanely serious. It didn't take a genius to figure out how he coined the nickname 'Daddy Direction.' Obviously I knew Harry pretty much like the back of my hand. I had spent every day with him for over a month. I knew his habits better than my own.

                  It was so hard to keep my distance from him in public, and sometimes I would catch myself slipping. I'd stand too close or look at him a certain way and I'd immediately panic at the thought of someone snapping a picture of me in that state. It wasn't going to be the worst thing in the world if people found out about us, I just preferred that they didn't.

                  I never got tired of watching them perform the same songs every night. It was always different, but the fan's energy never changed, and the boys had never looked like they were having so much fun. You could tell they lived for this and that this was their passion. Harry was always teasing the fans, but he was being incredibly sweet all the time, blowing them kisses.

                  The fans went crazy over them and I only wondered how they'd act if they personally knew them. If they only knew how real and human they were when they were off stage and off camera. They'd burp and leave their dirty clothes all over the place. They'd shove each other and horse around until Paul yelled at them to stop. They were your typical twentysomething year olds. They were boys.

                  Thinking back on it now, it was almost insane of me to think Harry would ever get sick of me. Hell, every time he looked at me I felt like I was going to faint. I couldn't get enough of him and I couldn't believe I was lucky enough to spend almost every second with him. I'd never felt this way about anyone in my entire life, and I kept wondering if it was love.

                  Every thought I had disappeared as the boys came off stage. This was their second show in Saitama and they still had two more before we flew to Singapore. Harry swiftly planted a kiss on my cheek, his damp curls brushing my skin and I grimaced. All of them were disgusting when they came off stage. Louis and Liam were always soaking wet because they had nonstop water wars. Harry? He was just insanely sweaty.

                  "You always make that face," he said, smirking.

                  I reached under the back of his shirt and unhooked his stage equipment. "And I always tell you it's because you boys smell."