Keeping Up The Pace (Chapter 2)

Coach Rondell  P.O.V

"Alright boys lets get this started.We're going to start out with suicide drills, free throws, pacer test, strength assessment and lastly, a 5 on 5 game. Those events will determine what 14 of you are good enough to bring South Bay to yet another victory." I blew my whistle and the boys got in a line to start the suicide drills. It was mandatory for them to be able to run 100 suicides.I watched as the new kid, Shane Price ran. He was taking his time, almost like he was trained by a pro-baller. "Pick up the speed Price!" He looked at me and took off to the other side of the court and back. When they were done they all stood in a circle panting. All except Aiden, Josiah, Iderious and Shane. They stood up straight with their hands on top of their heads to let their blood flow. "Alright, time for the pacer assessment. Three minuet break starts now!

.......

SHANE P.O.V

Coach Rondell gave us a three minuet break before the pacer test. I took that time to drink two bottles of water and fully catch my breath. "Yo, how much longer before try-outs are over?"I said to Aiden. " About 45 more minuets. Last years try-outs were much shorter since it was for junior varsity." He said back to me. "Aight." I looked over at Kayce and she rolled get eyes at me. I blew her a kiss and she flicked me off. "I gues its like that, huh?" She got up and walked out. Coach blew the whistle letting us know break time was over.

...........

Kayce P.O.V

"Soo CeCe, do you like him?" Courtney asked me. "How the hell am I supposed to like a person I just met?!" I said back to her rolling my eyes. "The same damn way you liked Aiden when we were freshmen!" Meya said laughing at the fact that I used to like Aiden, who was equally sexy as Shane. "Girl if you don't shut the hell up!" I said to Meya who was still laughing. "Well,she does have a point there." Courtney said. "I know, know cause I'm cool like that niggas!" She says causing us all to laugh. "Whatever, he just seems.  a lil but TOO cocky. "Y'all know I hate cocky ball players" I said being honest. "Yeah, we know." They said in unison. I looked over at him and he was looking at me. I rolled my eyes at him, but he was still looking but now smiling too! He blew me a kiss and I flicked him off. Cocky niggas these days tho. "I guess it's like that, huh?" I heard him say before Coach Rondell blew his whistle. With that, I walked out and went to the vending machine. When I walked back in, I saw they were doing the pacer test. I hated those shit! "Y'all wanna start after try-outs and play for a while?" I asked them. "Naww , I'll be the ref tho." Meya said back. "Cool with me."Courtney said taking one of my flaming hot Cheetos bag.

..........

Still Kayce P.O.V

After the try-outs were over, I went into the girls locker room and took off my short-shorts and put on some form fitting running pants. I untied my shirt and put  on a neon orange tank top and my neon orange Kds. I put my hair in a tight, but messy bun on top of my head. I walked out the locker room and grabbed a ball. I dribbled it between my legs and went for a successful lay-up. "And the crowd goes wild!" I say out loud to myself. "Girl shut up so we can ball and so I can go home!"Courtney said laughing at me. "Aight,leggo."

............

I walked out the school to my car with my tank top of, but my sports bra on. My shirt hung around my neck. "Bye chicas, see y'all tomorrow!" I sari to then ferrying in my Impala 2014. On my way home Shane was on my mind the whole time. It's just something about him  but I don't know what it is. Whatever it is tho, I really like it!

...........

Shane P.O.V

As soon as try-outs were over I showered and left the school. But before I left I went back to get Derious and Aiden number. As I walked back into the locker room, I heard a basketball bouncing. I saw Kayce dribbling the ball between her legs then went up in a dope ass lay-up. I chuckled at what I saw, cause I could already tell she was a good ass basketball player and that she was competitive. I left out the gym with basketball and Kayce on my mind. "Man this girl got me fucked up already." I said to myself as I pulled out the school parking lot.

*Next Day at Town Hall Meeting*

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen this meeting is just so you know your fellow classmates, and to know who made varsity boys basketball team. Lastly, to get you all familiar with the school and the up and coming events. Before we get started we will have the school pledge sung by the one and only: Kayce Lopez!

Cliff Hanger!!

Vote

Comment