Chapter 1

Brooke

"Bitch hurry up!" Alisha yells from outside of the bathroom door.

"Relax, I'm coming!" I yelled back, fixing my eyeliner wing.

"You've been in there for damn near an hour!" She said, banging on the door. I opened the door and she stopped.

"I'm done, I'm done. Relax." I laughed.

"It's about damn time." She said.

"A bitch gotta look good." I smirked, grabbing my purse.

"Mhm, let's go." She said, rolling her eyes.

So it's been two years since everything. I've moved on from Jacob and I hope he's moved on. I haven't called or texted him since he left but I still have his number. After he left, I graduated high school and I graduated college a few months ago. Me and Alisha both have part time jobs and moved in together after graduating college. I work at Starbucks on the weekdays and she works at a bank on weekdays too. She obviously brings in most of the money, since her job pays more.

"Are you ready?" Alisha asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, let's go." I said and she grabbed her car keys. I have my license but I prefer not to drive.

"Hey, I haven't asked you in a while. How are you and Roc doing?" I asked as she pulled out of the driveway.

"We're doing pretty good. This nigga never wants to call me but it's alright. When his ass comes back he's mine." She said and I laughed.

"You're a crazy ass bitch, you know that?"

"Hell yeah I know, that's what makes me so special bitch."

"You a trip, I swear." I laughed.

"How are we gonna get in?" I asked.

"Girl, you know the guard gon' let us in, I have connections." She smirked.

"I hope things work out, I'm not tryna get kicked out of a club tonight." I joked.

We arrived at the club, called "Black Moon." Kinda weird but it's supposed to be good. Of course, this was Alisha's idea. We approached the security guard and he let us in right away.

"How do you get him to let us in?" I asked, once we were inside.

"I got my ways, don't worry." She said. "Now let's have some fun."

30 minutes later, Alisha was drunk off her ass. She was dancing with some dude on the dance floor. I didn't drink at all because one of us has to drive back home.

"Hey, pretty lady, how you doing?" I heard a voice from behind me.

"Oh, sorry, I have a boyfriend." I lied.

"Damn, can't let a nigga holla?" He said.

"No, sorry." I shrugged and he left. I'm not interested in a boyfriend right now. After my last relationship, I don't want to mess with boys right now. I need a break.