Chapter 3

Brooke

"Brooke! Brooke!" I heard a voice call after me. I turned around to see Jacob.

"Jacob!" I exclaimed, pulling him into a hug.

"I missed you." He said.

"I missed you too, I didn't think you would ever come back for me."

"Of course I came back, I love you so much."

"I love you too. Don't leave me again." I said as a tear slipped from my eye.

"I won't baby. I promise I won't." He said, drying my eyes.

"But I need you to wake up." He said, softly.

"What?" I asked.

"Wake up, Brooke! Wake up!" He yelled.

"Wake up!" I heard as I sat up in my bed.

"Jacob!" I yelled. I looked around and saw nobody there but Alisha.

"Did you have the dream again?" She asked. I nodded my head and hugged me. "Awe I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm okay. Go back to sleep, I didn't mean to wake you." I said.

"Okay. Good night." She said, turning off my lights and going back into her room.

I couldn't go back to sleep. Every time I closed my eyes, he popped up in my mind. I just stayed up, thinking all night. Why do I keep having this dream? Or should I say nightmare. I've been having this dream all week and I don't even know why.

I don't mind talking to Jacob but his fucking attitude is making it hard for me. I stayed up until I could see the sun rising through my blinds. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. Good thing I don't have work today or I would pass out. Although I couldn't go back to sleep, I still had enough energy to get out of bed and make a cup of coffee. Since it was still early, Alisha wasn't awake.

Trying to sleep at night is torture so I have to end this somehow. And I think I know how.

Jacob

"Yo, Prince! Hurry up, our plane is leaving soon." Ray yells, banging on the bathroom door.

"Nigga, wait! I'm coming." I yelled back. I exited the bathroom and packed up all my shit. I can't believe it's the end. At least I get to see my family again.

"Alright, we out. Goodbye California." Roc said, exiting the house. We followed him and got into our personal limo.

I can't believe I have to move back to New York. This means I can see my family but this also means that I have to see Brooke.

And I'm not looking forward to that.

•••

After the flight, I had to move back in with my mom since I had nowhere else to go.

"Jacob, my baby! I missed you so much." My mom said once I got through the front door.

"I missed you too, ma." I smiled, giving her a hug. I went up to my old room and saw that it looked the same from when I left. I put down my suitcases and sat on my bed.

My phone starting ringing and I picked up my phone. When I saw the caller ID, I damn near shit myself.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey, Jacob." She said, softly. Damn, I missed hearing her voice.

"What do you want?" I sighed, trying not to be rude.