Chapter 14

Brooke

It's been about a month or so since that whole thing. I stopped throwing up and I'm able to talk again. I'm glad it's over.

"Babe, come here." Jacob groans from the living room.

"What is it?" I ask. He pulls me onto his lap.

"I was thinking..I want us to move into a house together." He says.

"How will we pay for it?"

"We're gonna have to start working again. And I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind helping out."

"I don't wanna work again." I groan, leaning back against his bare shoulder.

"What happened to your last job?"

"I got fired." I said. He shakes his head and laughs.

"Well I need a job." He said, holding onto my waist.

"We can worry about that another time." I say.

"Okay but the longer we hold it off, the longer it will take us to move out." He shrugs.

There was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it." He says, lifting me off of his lap and going to the door. He looked out the peephole.

"Brooke, go upstairs." He said sternly.

"What? Why?" I ask.

"Just go." He said.

Jacob

I looked through the peephole and saw a tall dark-skinned man. I saw the gun imprint in his pocket. I pulled my hoodie on and put the hood over my hair. I put on some shades too.

The knocking got louder so I opened the door.

"Who are you?" I asked in a very deep voice.

"Hey, wassup. Do you know any Brooke that lives around here?" He asked.

"Nah, I don't. Who's asking?"

"My name is Mike but I was just wondering."

"Oh, uh, have a good day." I said, closing the door.

We need to leave, now.

Brooke

"Who was that, Jake?" I ask, coming back downstairs.

"I don't know who it was but I know that we need to leave." He says.

"What happened?"

"Don't worry, we just need to leave."

"Jacob, I'm not going anywhere til you tell me what happened."

"Baby, just listen to me. I'll explain everything later." He says.

"Jacob Anthony Perez, if you don't tell me what is going on right n--"

"LISTEN!" He yells, startling me. "I want you to be safe, okay? I promise you I will tell you everything but my main focus is you being safe." He says, calmly. I sigh and nod.

•••

Jacob somehow managed to get us into a two story house in FLORIDA! Yes, unfortunately we had to move out of the state. He hasn't told me why yet, I'll give him a minute to figure it out. I don't mind moving, my mom didn't do shit for me anyways.

"Sorry I had to move you away from your family." He says, knocking me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, it's fine. I didn't have any family anyways." I shrug.

"What about your mom?"

"She's a bitch." I say, pulling my hair behind my shoulders. "Ready to tell me what happened last week back in NY?"

"You deserve to know so alright. Someone is after us." He says.

Nigga what?

"Uh, I'm sorry. Come again?"

"Well, someone is after you. I don't know who their after but I wasn't taking the chance."

"Who?"

"A guy by the name of Mike. That's all I know."

"Fuck." I groan. "That's Elijah's friend."

"He came by asking for you. That's when I knew we needed to get the fuck outta there."

"Hm. I see your point." I sigh. "I'm never gonna see snow again." I frowned.

"Don't worry, I won't either." He said, putting my lips into a smile. Awe that's cute.

(a/n) I'm sorry this is a little short but I needed to update. I'll be updating tomorrow don't worry