Chapter 17

Jacob

I was not expecting that to happen yesterday. I want to prove Brooke wrong by not going back home but I have to. I feel bad about yesterday and I know she's still mad.

I grabbed my phone and checked out of the hotel I was staying in.

"Oh before you leave, sir, there was a package here for you." The woman at the desk says. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Uh, who's it from?" I ask.

"A girl named Madison, I believe." She says, handing me a box. "You are Jacob Perez, right?"

"Yes."

"Okay, have a good day." She says. I leave the hotel with the box in my hands. Why the fuck would Madison send me a gift?

I opened the box which contained a few items. A basket with flowers and chocolates, a stuffed bear, and a card. The card read;

Dear Jacob

I heard what happened with you and your girlfriend yesterday so I hope this makes up for it.

Love, Madison.

What. The. Fuck.

I couldn't believe my eyes. How would she know about what happened last night? I shook off the thought and drove home.

I left the box in the car until I had a chance to sneak it in. There was no way Brooke could find out.

I unlocked the door to find a giant mess. I avoided the glass and went upstairs. She was asleep. Why would she be asleep at this time of the day? I shook her a bit until she woke up.

"Huh? Oh, you." She groans. I roll my eyes.

"Get up, I wanna talk to you."

"You wanna talk now?" She scoffs, getting out of bed. "Okay, so talk."

"Okay, listen. I'm sorry about yesterday. I was...wrong and I should've told you where I was." I reluctantly say.

"It's alright, I kinda overreacted anyways." She says, looking down.

"What happened to your foot?" I ask, noticing the bandage wrapped around her foot.

"After you left, I got angry and accidentally stepped on a piece of glass."

"Such a dumbass." I laugh, shaking my head.

"Yeah but I'm your dumbass." She smiles.

"That's true, that's true."

"Oh, Jacob?"

"Yeah?"

"You're gonna help me clean up the living room."

"Do I have to?"

"It would be nice." She smiles.

"Say please daddy and I'll help you." I smirk.

"Jacob, really?" She groans.

"I guess you don't want help." I shrug.

"Please."

"Please what?"

"Jacob!"

"Say it!"

"Ugh fine. Please daddy." She says, smacking her lips.

"See, was that so hard? I'll be right down." I say as she leaves the room.

I hear a knock on the window but nobody was there. A note was taped on.

Looks like you two have made up. Not for long though. I'll see you soon, daddy.

The last part made me cringe. I crumpled the note and went downstairs.

Who the fuck would write that?

(a/n) I had to rewrite the beginning since wattpad decided to not save it 😐