Chapter 13

Brooke

I woke up in the middle of the night, feeling sharp pains in my stomach. I went to the bathroom and threw up. I felt Jacob pulling my hair back.

"I'm taking you to the doctors tomorrow." He said, helping me up.

"Alright fine." I sigh. He helps me back to the room and lays down.

"I love you." He says, kissing my forehead.

"I love you too." I said, as he wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me close to him.

When I wake up, in the morning, I felt the pain again. I slipped out of Jacobs arms and went to the bathroom. I threw up again and brushed my teeth. I sighed and sat on the edge of the bed. Jacob was still asleep.

"Baby, wake up." I whispered, lightly shaking his shoulders. He started to groan, meaning he was waking up. He opened his eyes and smiled at me.

"Good morning." He said, sleepily.

"Get up, we gotta go to the doctor today." I said, pulling him up.

"Okay." He yawns, going to the bathroom. I shake my head and get dressed.

I put on a pair of jeans, a black long sleeve shirt and my vans. I put my hair in a ponytail and waited for Jacobs slow ass to get ready.

He finally comes out dressed and ready.

"Jake?"

"Yeah?"

"You don't think I'm..pregnant..do you?" I asked.

"I hope not but let's find out." He says, grabbing my hand.

We arrive at the doctors office and I'm waiting to be called in.

"Brooke Adams." A woman calls. We stand up and go to the room.

"Hello, I'm Doctor Stevens." He says, shaking our hands. "What's going on?"

"I've been throwing up a lot in the past day and I don't know what's wrong." I said.

"Have you engaged in any sexual activity recently?" He asks. I look at Jacob and nod my head 'yes'

"We're gonna run a few tests and maybe draw some blood. First you need to pee in this cup." He said, handing me a small container.

Jacob

"Well, it turns out, you were pregnant. Unfortunately, you had a miscarriage." The doctor said. I was relieved but slightly disappointed. Having a baby wouldn't have been that bad.

"So why was I throwing up?" Brooke asks.

"There are signs you have food poisoning." He said.

How is that even possible?

"I'll prescribe some pills for you. It may cause you to throw up a bit but it's going to help, trust me." He said, handing me the prescription.

We leave and go get the pills.

"Well, you're not pregnant." I say.

"Yeah, I guess that's a relief. I don't understand why I have food poisoning." She says.

"Maybe that bastard Elijah gave you some fucked up food." I said.

"He might've." She sighed.

Once I get her the pills, we go back home. We don't live together but she stays at my house a lot.

"Okay, time to take your medicine." I said, handing her the container.

"I don't wanna." She groans.

"Come on, just get it over with now." I say, handing her a glass of water. She swallows down the pill and drinks some water.

"My throat burns a lot." She says, painfully.

"It's because of all the acid in your throat. Just try to rest your voice." She nods.

Brooke

We're on the couch, watching tv. Jacob is running his fingers over bruises. I winced in pain at his touch.

"Sorry, baby." He said, rubbing my arm. I didn't want to talk, my throat was very sore. I laid my head on his chest and closed my eyes. I wasn't tired, I was just trying to think about stuff. I've been through quite a bit and I'm glad I have Jacob here with me. Without him, I don't know what I would do.

"Brooke are you awake?" Jacob asks. I hum in response. "Let's go upstairs, I'm getting kinda tired." He said.

"Are you feeling any better?" He asks, laying next to me. I shake my head no. "I'm sorry, I promise it'll be over soon." He kissed my forehead. I didn't response. I buried my head in his chest as a few tears fell down my cheek.

"Don't cry, princess." He whispers, rubbing my back. I wipe my eyes and lean back in his chest.

(a/n) ok ok last update for today 😂