Chapter 5

Brooke

"So much for that." I said to Alisha.

"Awe don't get discouraged, I still have hope for y'all." She smiled.

"Yeah well, I don't. I'm officially done with him." I said. "I'll see you later, I gotta get to work before I'm late."

"Alright girl, see you later."

Yesterday's events at my job were definitely unforgettable. Me and Jacob decided not to be friends after all. It just didn't work out.

I arrived at work, on time today, and got ready for a long day.

As I'm walking in, I bumped into someone.

"Oh my bad." The man said.

"Oh, it's alright. Sorry." I smiled. He was much taller than me and had a very pretty face. I tried walking past him and he stopped me.

"What's your name, pretty lady?" He asked, flashing a smile.

"Brooke."

"Cool, I'm Elijah but you can just call me EJ."

"Okay, see you around, EJ." I smiled, walking into Starbucks. Maybe this day won't be so bad.

•••

"Girl, that's your new potential bae!" Alisha exclaimed.

"He was sexy. Oh lord, his smile." I said.

"Did you get his number?"

"Nah, I didn't wanna rush too quick. I only got his name."

"What's his name?"

"Elijah, or EJ."

"Ooh, cute. Go for him. You need to move on from Jacob anyways." She smirked.

"Yeah, I know." I sighed.

Jacob

"You're seriously an idiot." Prodigy said, shaking his head.

"I know, you don't have to remind me." I groaned.

"Look, if you love the girl, show her. You can't keep on getting angry everytime your around her." He said.

"I can't control myself sometimes. I just get so angry and I don't have a filter."

"Well you need to learn how to control it. You're gonna end up really hurting someone with your anger one day."

"Yeah, thanks for the fucking great advice." I said sarcastically.

"I'm only tryna help you." He shrugged.

"Whatever." I said, flipping him off and walking to my car.

I don't have time for this bullshit. I'm a grown ass man and I don't have to take this. I think I know what to do to make Brooke love me again. I need to prove to her that I'm not crazy and that I'm not always angry at her. I just gotta tell her how I feel that's all. And hopefully, she still feels the same way.

Brooke

"Alisha! You're never gonna believe what happened!" I squealed, excitedly.

"What? What? Tell me!"

"So I was on Instagram earlier and EJ DMed me. He gave me his number and we're gonna meet up later today!"