Chapter 6

Jacob

"Hurry the fuck up, Roc!" I yelled, anxiously.

"Can you calm down? We're almost there."

"If we finna crash this shit, you gonna hurry up." I said.

"Man, shut up. Look, look, we're here. Now calm your tits." He said, rolling his eyes. We got out the car and made our way to the restaurant. In the distance, I could see Brooke and that guy, laughing. My blood boiled and I sped up my pace.

I reached her table and her laughter stopped.

"Jacob what are you doing here?" She asked in shock.

"Just came to say hi. Who's this?" I asked, nodding my head towards the guy next to her.

"My name is Elijah." He smiled. "Nice to meet you."

"Haha, no." I said, causing his smile to drop.

"Jacob I'm in the middle of something. Stop being rude to EJ and please leave." Brooke said, angrily.

"What are you doing with this guy?" I asked.

"It's none of your damn business. How did you two even find me?!" She yelled, attracting attention.

"Your Instagram post was geotagged." Roc said and I looked at him. "Just saying..."

"What? You're a stalker now?" She chuckled. "Jacob, we're done. We've been done. Please leave me alone." She said.

"Leave you alone?" I laughed.

"Man, why can't you respect her? She asked you to leave so just leave." Elijah said to me.

"Who the fuck was talking to you, nigga?" I asked, staring him down. "So this is the guy you go with after me?" I chuckled.

"Jacob, leave. Just leave." She growled. "I'm so sorry, EJ." She said.

"It's cool, I understand. You got a bitter ex." He said, looking at me.

"Nigga please. You ain't much of an upgrade." I laughed.

"I know how to treat a girl right and respect her feelings. Something you can't do." He spat.

My anger was bubbling up inside of me and he pushed me to my limit. Without any thoughts, I punched him square in the nose. He stumbled back, holding his nose.

"Jacob what the fuck!" Brooke yelled, rushing to his side. "You're such a fucking asshole! Why can't I be happy? Huh? Is it because you're stuck miserable when I'm moving on! Grow the fuck up Jacob." She yelled.

"Let's go." I said to Roc. "I think I've proved my point." I smirked, looking back at them.

"Damn, you ain't have to do him like that." Roc said, scratching his neck.

"Fuck that nigga. Tryna be the hero and step up to me like that." I scoffed.

Brooke

"I'm so sorry, EJ. I really am. I didn't mean for this to happen to you." I said, cleaning up his nose.

"It's okay, I rather it be me than you." He said in pain. I feel so bad. Count on Jacob to ruin everything. Things were going so well until he showed up.

"I know how Jacob is. He can be violent and mean sometimes. He's never hurt me physically but now you're hurt." I sighed.

"Don't feel bad for me. I'll be okay." He said.

"Thanks for being so understanding. Any other dude would've ran off by now. That's probably Jacob's goal." I said.

"I wouldn't run off just cause you're ex sucker punched me in the nose." He laughed.

"He's just so childish sometimes. I wish he would grow up. I mean, is it that hard to let me be happy for once?" I sighed.

"Don't even worry about it. He'll eventually have to get over it." He smiled.

I've moved on from Jacob. Of course, he'll always be in my heart, no matter how much of a jerk his is sometimes. But, I really like EJ. I don't have feelings for Jacob anymore. I knew he was upset still but I didn't think he would take it this far. I really don't want EJ to suffer because of my problems.

"Let's watch TV, it's kinda quiet in here since Alisha's at work." I said, grabbing the remote.

"Who's Alisha?" He asked.

"Oh, that's my bestie and my roommate. She's also dating that other dude from mindless behavior." I shrugged, flipping through the channels.

"Cool. Hey, turn on TMZ." He said.

"TMZ? I hate that show."

"Why? It has really good content."

"Fine, just for you I'll watch it." I laughed, turning on TMZ.

"Today's story is about Mindless Behavior, again." The worker talking snickered.

"Ooh, what's today about? Did one shave their hair?" A woman laughed.

"Oh, even better. Check this out. Former members, Jacob Perez and Chresanto August were seen at a NYC restaurant earlier today." He said as images of them popped up on the screen. "He was said to be there harassing his ex-girlfriend, Brooke Adams, and her date, Elijah Johnson." They said as pictures of me and EJ at the restaurant popped up.

"Holy shit." I mumbled. "Not again." I groaned.

"Her date? Looks like she moved on." One lady said.

"Mr.Perez then attacked Elijah and left. Someone who saw everything happen said 'I heard the girl asking the boy the leave her alone but he refused. Then next thing I know, he has punched the other guy in the face and left.' Wow, crazy stuff."

"You have to be joking with me." I groaned, turning off the TV.

"Wait so you've been on TMZ before?" EJ asked.

"Yeah, the other day actually." I said. "One more story and I think I'll go insane!"

"But isn't the publicity good? Your social media has been blowing up." He said.

"I guess but it's annoying after a while." I sighed. "I hope it doesn't bother you if we're in public together."

"No, of course not." He smiled.

"Good, I really need someone like you right now." I smiled.

We both looked at each other and he started to lean in. Oh no, it's happening. I leaned in closer.

"IM HOME BITCH!" I heard Alisha yell, coming into my room.

"Shit!" I jumped, startled.

"Oh my bad. Did I interrupt y'all?" She chuckled.

"Hehe, a little." I mumbled, as I felt my cheeks warm up.

"Sorry, get back to what you were doing." She winked, closing my door and leaving.

I looked at EJ in embarrassment and flashed a nervous smile. Yup, totally embarrassing.

(a/n) bad timing Alisha! 😂 hope you enjoyed. xo, EP ❤️