Chapter 8

Brooke

"No matter what I do, all I think about it you." I sang to myself, as I brushed my hair.

"Bitch, shut up. You can't sing." Alisha said, popping her head into my room.

"The fuck? Exit please." I laughed, pointing my brush towards the door.

"I'm just messing with you." She said, fully entering my room. "Watcha gettin' ready for?"

"A date." I said, putting my hair into a high ponytail.

"Ooh, with EJ?" She smirked.

"Maybe." I blushed.

"So are y'all getting serious or...?" She trailed off.

"I don't really know to be honest. I really like him though." I said, applying my eyeliner wing.

"Ooh, my bestie has a crush." She smiled.

"I guess you could say that." I smirked. "I have to go before I'm late."

"Where are you going?" She asked, following me to the living room.

"He said it was an Italian restaurant. Yes, he loves taking me to eat. He wants me to get fat." I laughed.

"Tell me all about it." She winked, closing the door.

Jacob

I've been driving around for about an hour. All in my feelings and shit. I wonder what she's doing. I checked my Instagram feed and saw another photo of Brooke and EJ. I turned off my phone as I felt my eyes sting a little.

You know that feeling you get when you see someone with someone else, but you want that person to yourself? Almost like you're jealous.

I don't even know if I'm angry or sad anymore.

My vision was blurry, from the tears I didn't even know had fallen from my eyes. I made a sharp right and saw a car coming in my direction. I swerved to the left to avoid the car.

Just when I thought I was okay, another car slammed right into mine. The car flipped to the side and my head starting spinning. My body was numb and I couldn't see.

"Someone call 911!" I heard someone call out. I attempted to climb out of my now broken windshield, but failed.

Soon, I had passed out.

Brooke

"You're so cute." EJ said, pinching my cheeks.

"Stop." I laughed, moving his hand from my cheek.

My phone rings, interrupting the moment. I sighed and answered the phone. It was Prod.

"Hey Prod, what's up? I'm kind of in the middle of something." I said, slightly irritated.

"This is serious. Jacob is hurt." He said. I felt my heart drop to my stomach.

"He WHAT?" I yelled, drawing attention to us.

"Relax please. He was in a car accident and he's really hurt." He said.

"Where is he?" I asked in a panic.

"The hospital right off exit 67." He said.

"Oh my god, I'm gonna freak out, Craig!" I screamed.

"Just get here as soon as possible." He said, ending the call.

"What's wrong?" EJ asked with concern.

"Jacob got into a car accident." I choked out as a lump formed in my throat.

"Is he okay?" He asked.

This nigga.

"No, I don't think so. He's injured pretty badly. I have to go to the hospital." I said. "I'm so sorry, I promise I'll make it up to you."

"It's okay, I understand. He still means something to you. I'd do the same for my ex." He said with a soft smile. I gave him a kiss on the cheek and ran to my car.

I arrived at the hospital and ran through the doors.

"I-I need to see J-Jacob Perez." I stuttered.

"Okay, miss. He's in room 253." The lady said.

"Thank you." I said, quickly walking towards the elevator.

I made it up to his room and slowly entered. Prodigy was already sitting down next to him.

"Hey." He said, standing up and giving me a hug. "I'll let you two talk." He said, leaving the room. I sat next to his bed and he just looked at me.

"Brooke?" He asked in shock. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you." I said, reluctantly. "Craig called me and told me what happened."

"Oh.." He said. "Thank you for coming. Sorry to...uh...interrupt your day." He said, painfully.

"Don't be sorry." I sighed. "How did this happen?"

"I'm not even gonna lie to you...I was thinking about you. I was upset and really fucked up. I wasn't focused, I was crying. My vision was blurry. And, now I'm here." He said.

"This is my fault?" I asked.

"No, how can it be your fault?"

"You said you were crying because of me." I said. "And you couldn't see clearly."

"It's still not your fault. I shouldn't be crying like a bitch." He mumbled.

"It's not a bad thing to cry." I said, looking at him. I stared at his face for a second. Noticing the cut on his lip, the bruise around his eye, the dried blood in his nose.

"How bad is the injury?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Not that bad. I broke my leg though." He sighed.

"I'm sorry this happened to you." I said, sincerely.

"Maybe it'll teach me a lesson. To not be in your feelings and drive." He laughed.

"Yeahhh, next time just come and see me." I said. "I promise it will be better than this."

"Don't you have somewhere to be? I don't want to hold you up." He said.

"I was on a date but I stopped everything and came to see you." I said.

"Oh, wow. You didn't have to do that." He said.

"Uh, yes I did." I chuckled. "Are you kidding me? You are way more important than a date IF you're hurt. A date can wait." I assured him.

"I feel so stupid." He groaned, rubbing his temple.

"Why?" I asked, massaging my fingers through his hair. I know I shouldn't be but I felt bad.

"I don't know why." He said. "But I do."

"No need to be." I shrugged. He closed his eyes and smiled.

"I miss that." He mumbled, my hands still slowly moving through his curls.

"You really piss me off sometimes." I said.

"I know, I'm sorry." He sighed, opening his eyes.

We looked at each other for a second. He leaned closer to me and I did too. Finally, our lips touched. He pulled me closer and deepened the kiss. I didn't stop myself because it felt good, too good. He moved his lips to my neck, leaving marks. He grabbed my waist and pulled me on top of him. He continued to kiss me and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

We pulled away after a few minutes.

"Fuck." I mumbled, climbing off the bed.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to go that far." He chuckled.

"It's okay. I kinda liked it." I smirked.

(a/n) well shit, they just made out. Sorry for the wait, school is fucking my schedule up completely. Anyways hope you enjoyed 😉