Chapter 12

Brooke

It's been a few days and I'm still in this dirty ass basement. I have no idea where Jacob is, I don't even know if he's alive. I just need to get out of here.

And I think today is the day.

All the windows are barred and the door is locked up, leaving me no way to escape.

And if you're wondering, I am being abused pretty badly. Also, I've been raped.

I'm waiting for Elijah to come downstairs. He usually does by this time. The door finally opens and Elijah is standing in front of me.

"Hello beautiful." He says, grabbing my chin. I jerked my head away from him and he laughs.

"When will you stop fighting me?" He chuckles.

"When you die." I snarl. My arms are tied behind my back with a rope. But luckily, I had a knife on me.

If you're wondering why, Jacob always told me I need to stay safe. So I keep a knife in my boot. And it actually came in handy.

"No need for the violence." He smiles.

"Fuck you." I spat, still slicing at the rope. He gives me a nice slap to the face before leaving again. After a few minutes of slicing, I finally got the rope off. My wrists were burning.

I kicked the rope under the mattress. All I need to do is wait for him to come back.

Jacob

I've stayed up for hours and hours, searching, but I found nothing. I was close to giving up sometimes but I didn't. I can't just give up on her. Girlfriend or not, I still love her. I'm determined to find her. I swear, when I find him, I'm gonna kill him.

I've driven to pretty much every part of New York. I've driven through the suburbs and the city. Sometimes I feel like I'll never see her again.

Sometimes I feel like this is my fault too.

Brooke

A few hours have passed by and Elijah hasn't come back down.

I hear the door creak and Elijah is back.

"I don't really like your attitude so I think it's time you got some punishment." He said.

"No, I think it's time you did." I smirked. I jump out of the chair and stab him right in the stomach. He falls to his knees.

"You bitch." He says, gasping for air.

"Any last words before you die?" I ask, twirling the knife in my hand.

"You....haven't...seen...the....last....of..me." He says, weakly.

"Have fun in hell." I say as his eyes shut.

He was dead, he was no longer breathing.

I just murdered someone.

I walked out of the house, slowly limping. If you forgot, he did beat me. I haven't eaten in days and I'm feeling very sick.

The streets were empty and quiet. I threw up in an alley I was passing by. I soon collapsed to my knees, I couldn't walk much longer.

Jacob

I'm driving around in this worn down area. The streets were empty. I was driving down one road when I noticed someone sitting in an alley. It was a girl who was beaten, wearing ripped clothing. I pulled over and got out of the car. As I walked closer to the girl, I realized it was Brooke.

"Brooke! Is that you?" I yell, rushing to her side. She moaned out in pain as I lifted her up.

"Jacob.." She moans softly, crying into my chest.

"It's gonna be okay, baby. I promise." I said, kissing her forehead and putting her in the backseat. She looked like she was going to pass out.

"Jake, can you pull over? I think I'm gonna throw up." She says softly. I help her out the car and hold her hair back. She throws up and almost passes out afterwards.

"Brooke what happened to you? What did he do?" I ask.

"Can we just go home?" She cries.

"Okay baby." I said, rubbing her thigh and putting her back in the car.

We got home and I carried her to the bathroom. She was pretty dirty and bruised up. She needed a bath. I turned on the water and added soap.

"Brooke?"

"Yes?"

"Are you feeling any better?" I ask.

"Not really." She moans. I take off her dirty clothes and set her down in the tub.

"Can you tell me what happened?" I ask.

"Jacob, please, I don't want to talk about it." She cries.

"Baby, you need to tell me." I say as I start to wash her hair.

"I can't feel my legs." She groans.

"We need to take you to the hospital then."

"No, I'm fine." She says softly, grabbing my wrist.

"You're not. You threw up and you can't walk properly."

"Trust me, I'm okay. I just need you." She whispered. I drained out the now light pink water and helped her out the tub. I give her one of my shirts to put on.

"I think I'm gonna throw up." She said. I sighed and helped her to the toilet. She threw up, again.

"Brooke, I know you don't want to, but you need to tell me what he did to you." I said, sternly. I put her on the bed and she doesn't say anything.

"He hit me..." She says with a pause. "And-and he ra--" she breaks down. I pull her into a hug and rub her back.

"Did he rape you?" I ask. She nods her head. "I swear I'm gonna kill him."

"He's dead." She whispers.

"What? How?" I ask in shock.

"I stabbed him, I--" She starts crying again.

"It's okay relax. Are you sure he's dead?" I ask.

"He wasn't breathing when I left." She sighs.

"That's good. I hope he's dead." I say.

"Can I tell you something?" She asks, putting her head against my chest.

"Sure."

"I wanna get back together." She says.

"You do?"

"Yes, I do. I love you Jacob and want to get back together."

"I love you too." I smile.

"Is that a yes?" She asks.

"Does this answer your question?" I say, giving her a long kiss.

(a/n) aweee, this chapter is so emotional