Chapter 9

Brooke

"It's about time you came back." Alisha said. "It's damn near 8 o clock."

"Sorry, something came up during my date. Jacob was in the hospital." I said.

"Shit, is he okay?" She asked.

"He's fine." I said.

"Hold up...what's that on your neck?" She asked. I looked at her with a confused look.

I looked in the mirror and noticed five big ass hickies on my neck. Shit, Jacob.

"Oh uh..it's just um..." I stuttered, looking for a good excuse.

"Did EJ do that to you?" She asked.

"Yeah." I lied.

But I guess I'm a bad liar.

"Or was it Jacob?" She asked with a smirk.

"What? No. I said EJ did it." I lied again.

"You're a bad liar." She said. "It's okay, Jacob did it, didn't he?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, whatever."

"Damn, what about EJ?"

"What about him?"

"He's gonna be mad, ain't he?"

"Not if he doesn't find out." I said.

Jacob

Finally out of the hospital after three fucking days. I still have to use crutches to get around but it's better than laying in a damn bed all day. Prodigy has been at my house, just to help me with things I can't do. Yeah, it sucks being injured. I wish Brooke was here to be honest. The other day was amazing. I miss her so much. But she's fucking with that nigga EJ or whatever his name is.

"Prod, can you pass me the remote?"

"Nigga, can't you get it yourself?"

"I'm injured." I said and he sucked his teeth, getting the remote. "See was that so hard?" I asked, sarcastically.

"Whatever, watch your tv shit." He said.

"I didn't wanna watch TV, I just wanted to annoy you." I laughed.

"You're so annoying." He said, cracking a smile.

"I know. What are you doing?" I asked.

"Scrolling through my Instagram feed." He shrugged. "All these ugly bitches tryna DM me."

"I'm fucking done. You said ugly bitches." I laughed.

"I'm serious ma--aye, look at this." He said, tossing me his phone.

"Why do you show me this shit? To piss me off?" I yelled angrily, throwing him his phone back. "You think I wanna see her and that nigga?"

"But if I don't say anything it's a problem." He said shaking his head.

"Might as well just delete Instagram. I'm sick of this shit." I growled. I picked up my phone and scrolled through my page. Mostly photos of me. One photo of me and Bahja. Oh, lemme delete this shit right away. I have a lot of photos and I never really looked through them.

I came across a photo of me and Brooke, from when we were together. I screenshotted it and then looked at the caption.

With my baby 💘💍😩😍 I love her so much ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ @brookeee.xo

I deleted that photo as well. A message notification popped up on my screen. It was a photo...from Alisha? I forgot I had her number. I opened the app and it was a photo of a bunch of big hickies.