Chapter 2

Brooke

"I'm back!" I heard Alisha chirp from the front door.

"It's about time!" I yelled. "Come to the living room." She came into the living room and set her bag on the floor. She laid next to me and I flipped through the channels.

"What are you watching?" She asks.

"Nothing good is on." I shrugged. Suddenly my eyes caught a flash of a title.

Mindless behavior goes broke?

What the fuck?

"Alisha was is this?" I asked, turning the volume up.

"Shit." She mumbled.

"Teen band loses contract with Interscope Records? Recently the boy band, Mindless Behavior, was caught during an interview saying their contract was terminated due to the lack of team effort. Do you believe this? The manager ended the contract!" One host of TMZ laughed.

"Not a surprise, we haven't been hearing such good things about that kid with the Afro." Another lady says.

"Ah, Princeton. I heard he's been pretty depressed lately."

"Depressed? What for?"

"Haven't you heard? A couple years ago he had a rough break up with his girlfriend, Brooke Adams. I guess he still isn't over it." He snickered, getting laughs from the rest.

"What the fuck!" I yelled, throwing the remote at the TV.

"Hey, relax! It's just a rumor. TMZ always spreads lies." Alisha said.

"But this shit isn't a lie! They brought up our relationship." I yelled.

"Why do you care? I thought you were over him." She says.

"I am!" I sighed. "No, no I'm not. I'm not over him. How could I be! He was my fucking first love!" I cried.

"I know but he's moved on." She said, softly.

"The fucking people said he's depressed because of our break up! I mean, shit, they could be exaggerating."

"Exactly! So stop your worrying. Jacob has moved on. So you move on too." She smiled.

Jacob

"Prince, stop being a lil whiny bitch!" Ray yells, grabbing the remote from me.

"Fuck you." I mumbled.

"Yo, yo! Prince, look at this!" Roc exclaims. I look at the tv and see TMZ on.

"Man, turn this bullshit off." I groaned.

"It's about us!" Roc yells at me. I rolled my eyes and he turned the volume up.

"This is bullshit!" I scoff. "How the fuck did they know our contract is done." I yell.

"Aye, they talkin' about Brooke." Ray says.

What the fuck! Depressed?" I yell, angrily. "I'm not fucking depressed."

"You kinda are." Roc mumbles.

"Shut up." I spat.

"Dude, it's okay. You miss yo girl." Ray chuckles.

"She ain't my girl and I don't miss her." I say, getting more and more angry.

"Mhm." Ray mumbles.

"Damn, they ain't telling a lie this time." Roc shakes his head.

"You guys seriously listen to this crap?" I huffed.