17 ⛈

[edited]

A/N: Happy Birthday Kookie~ <3 09.01

Adrien ran into the males bathroom without noticing Marinette running into the females. "Ready kid? It's been awhile." "I was born ready. Now hurry. Plagg, transform me!"

Adrien now Chat jumped out of the school window and ran to the scene. He saw a blue female running up and down the streets of Paris causing mayhem everywhere she went. "Whoa. She's fast." Chat said as he jumped down from the ledge he was on and followed after her.

"Hey! Who are you to cause chaos here in Paris?" Chat Noir yelled. "I'm Jinx, hun. And I can destroy whatever I want!" Jinx ran of towards the closest place full of people witch unfortunately was a mall full of almost 400 people.

"Jinx! You can't do this!" Chat begged. "Oh really? Watch me!" Jinx ran to the nearest support beam and touched it causing it all to crash down into bits and pieces. "NO!" "Opps!" Jinx ran off yet again to destroy some more things. While she did that, Chat was busy trying to get everyone out safe and sound. "Come on hurry! Move move move!!"

"Where's Ladybug? She should've been here by now." Chat said as he looked over the streets of Paris. "Oh, you mean her?" Jinx held up an unconscious Ladybug all scratched up ready to detransform any minute now.

"Let her go!" "Ok. Haha nope. You gotta catch me first Kitty-Cat!" With that, Jinx grabbed Ladybug and threw her on top of her shoulders and began to run across the city with Ladybug on her back. Chat was hot on her tail, but even with the extra weight, Jinx was much faster than Chat was. She darted through the crowds, dashed around corners, and jumped over buildings without even breaking a single sweat.

She stopped running as she got on top of a bridge railing dangling her hostage over the railing. "You should just give up now Chat Noir, you'll never save your precious Ladybug!" She said intimidating him.

"Ok ok. Take it easy there Jinx. I know you don't really want to hurt her. How about you just hand her over to me and I'll let you go free? How does that sounds?" "That would sound amazing." "Great-" "If you weren't lying." "What?" "How stupid do you think I am to believe the crap you spit out." "Ok fine-"

Chat was interrupted by the sound of Ladybug's earrings alerting that she's about to detransform. "Oh. I guess that's my que. Bye!" Jinx jumped over the bridge railing falling into the icy waters with Ladybug. As she was falling she let go of Ladybug mid jump. Chat tried to reach for his partner, but was off by a centimeter. "NOO!!"

As Ladybug fell, she detransformed into her civilian form, Marinette Dupain-Cheng. There was no way she could survive the fall into the waters below. "PRINCESS!!"

Chat jumped over the railing and fell after her. Seeing it was the girl he fell head over heels in love with falling to her death made him even more determined to save her. While falling, Marinette opened her eyes just a slight bit to see Chat falling above her trying to grab her hand. To make it easier for him, she tried reaching out for him.

As she fell, she felt like everything was in slow motion. She saw her life flashing before her eyes. From moments when she was a little girl with her parents to the moment she met her friends. She was remembering the time at the mall. She saw things in a different perspective finally understanding what really happened.

She saw the girl hug him first and Adrien didn't even hug back, he was looking for her. She saw her parents back home laughing and baking together. She saw Alya and Nino in each others' arms, loving each others' company completely. She smiled at the thought of her best friend finding someone and finally being happy. You deserve to be happy without me, Alya.

She saw Adrien smiling at her. She remembered the funny misunderstanding on the first day of school. She remembered when he gave her an umbrella when she forgot one herself. She remembered how flustered she was around Adrien that very next day. She remembered all her friends. How they all had helped her in their own ways. She remembered Tikki, her little friend, who helped her when she was stressed.

She remembered Chat when he willingly helped her with her homework late at night. She looked up and saw Chat struggling to reach her with tears in his eyes. She looked down and saw how close she was to death. She didn't want to believe it but she was beginning to see the light.

For the last time, she looked back up at Chat and saw the boy she fell in love with behind the mask. With tears in her eyes she said her last words before her inevitable death...

"I love you. So very much."

Death. It's inescapable, but for the lucky few, remember how miraculous it is to remain a part of this world.