II

CHAPTER 2

  My DVD cellophane was put on by a psychiatrist. It was shrink-wrapped. -Tim Vine 

T'was the Mondayest Monday that ever Mondayed. Today was turning out to be worse than all the other Mondays put together, to make an uber Monday and without Zoey I was bored out of my mind. Little fact about me, I literally have no friends besides her, lame I know. I think it's because I'm a total freak and a social pariah, but also I just tend to avoid everyone, so I am absolutely and inevitably friendless. I had no one to talk to, so I just paid attention to the lesson and followed my schedule. Just one more period to go, I thought to myself.

"Alright amigos, please turn to page 394." Announces Mr. Felton with a smug look on his face. I'm pretty sure he's been waiting for this moment his entire teaching career. A few students understand the reference and a smile brightens their faces. Mr. Felton is officially a cool teacher.

"Let's pay attention to this lesson as our next test focuses..." His voice carried around the classroom and I paid my undivided attention to him.

Fifteen minutes in to the lesson and AC/DC's Back in Black starts playing from the front of the class and everyone whips their heads up to find the student who'd soon enough get in to trouble for blasting music.

I look up towards the door and a few guys hoot as a few girls swoon. Of course, who else would it be. Alexander Evans walks in to the classroom dressed like a bloody Calvin Klein model, he nods his head at his friends, winks at a girl who's giggling and says, "'sup Mr. Felton?" I hold the urge to roll my eyes. Drama queen.

"Good afternoon Mr. Evans, as much as I'd love to stop my lesson and chat while listening to AC/DC, I'll have to ask you to stop the music and take a seat before I give you detention for late arrival and disruption." Mr. Felton says sternly, he seems in a good mood today so he doesn't say much.

Evans grins and stops his music. "Sorry sir, I do have a valid reason for arriving late though." He hands Mr. Felton a small paper and Mr. Felton reads it and his eyebrows furrow.

"Alright, take a seat Alexander, we'll talk about this after class. And next time you arrive late a humble knock will do." Mr. Felton scolds.

Evans walks down the class where there's one seat left empty for him. And that seat would be right behind me. I sit in the corner by the windows and obviously no one wanted to sit near the weirdo so it's always vacant for the unlucky tardy students. As he passes by, I catch him glance at me. My heart beats fast, and no, not in a romantic way. More like a rush of adrenaline making me want to punch his pretty face. His green eyes sparkle and he holds his stare, I stare back angrily. And he looks away. I scoff, coward.

Yes, I do have a personal issue with him, but besides that he's still a world class jerk who couldn't care for anyone else in the world other than himself. I bet he doesn't care for his own family either. But of course, that's my view point of him, if you ask any other dope headed blonde bimbo, they'll tell you he's the hottest bad boy in this school. They'd tell you about his perfect abs and his amazing soccer skills ... obviously that's not the only thing he plays, if you know what I mean.

Mr.Felton continues with his lesson and the class settles down. After an hour, the last bell rings allowing all miserable humans trapped in this awful place to leave. As I exit the class excited and famished, I think about a savoury slice of pizza and am interrupted as someone blocks my path.

"Well if it isn't Miss Scarlett, the school's whore." A voice snaps me out of my thoughts. I turn around and see the one person who's been giving me hell since last year. Why couldn't the earth swallow him up whole again? "Long time, no see eh?"