XXIII

CHAPTER 23

Once I had her hand,
I never wanted to let go of her.
Ottilie Weber

"Holy shit. Holy shit, I didn't expect this." I believe best friends always over react to everything. I guess it's their way of expressing love.

"It's not that big of deal, Zo." I sighed. It was a huge deal.

"Uh, excuse me." She raised her high voice and paused to give me a dramatic eyebrow raise. "My best friend finally gets a guy after a whole year of wallowing and following me like everywhere- no offense, I love you honey, but I think Sam would be pissed if I devoted my time to you only. Oh and not just any guy, by the way, Alexander freaking Evans."

"Oh that's real nice, you make me sound like a loser who won't leave her best friend and boyfriend alone."

"Hon, I didnt call you a third wheel. I totally saw this coming, for the record." Zoey threw her binder on her desk loudly, earning annoyed looks from the people around us. Unaffected by it, Zoey just flipped her hair and plopped in to her chair, continuing her chatter. "OMG, we could totally go on a double date now."

"Uh- sure. I guess. But we haven't exactly went on a date on our own yet." I said chewing my lip.

"Oh my goodness, there he is, there he is!" Evans walked in, with his perfect face and perfect hair and damn perfect body and his perfect outfit put together by the men's modelling department at Armani.

"Holy hell, Zoey stop smacking me."

He walked up to the occupied seat beside me and glared at the scrawny boy with glasses. The boy raised an eyebrow. Well, that's a great way to ask someone for your seat Evans, good job.

"Want something brah?" Malcolm asked throwing his hands out.

"How about your seat, brah?"

"I don't think so, plus Scarlett doesn't mind. Do you?" I cringed at him, he was trying so hard to look unaffected by Evans towering over him.

"Not a bit." I lied. Bothering Evans is fun.

Evans banged his fist on the desk with extreme force, and I swear the scrawny boy jumped up and squeaked in fear. Grumbling a little, he quickly picked his things up and walked away in a rush.

Evans threw me a smug look.

"Hey, Hazel." Evans said and beside me, Zoey nudged me with her elbows to let me know she caught that. Apparently Evans caught her as well. "Zoey, how are you?"

"Alex. I'm great, but I never pegged you for the shy type." Zoey smiled.

"I'm not..."

"I mean shy when it comes to people you've been totally in love with for 3 years."

Evans just gave Zoey a weird look and a little embarrassed too. Then looked back at Malcolm, who looked pretty upset.

"Evans." I gave him a pointed look.

"What?"

"Pat yourself on the back, because that was just so polite, wasn't it?"