XXVI

CHAPTER 26

I'd be lying if I told you losing you was something I could handle.
-Unknown

With Christmas break around the corner, students put in one last effort in their increased work load before the break. So did I.  Trying to avoid Evans, avoiding telling him I might be leaving soon.

"Remember you all are to hand in your assignments on the twentieth, two days before the break." Mr. Felton wrote out the date in large on the chalkboard. "Any late assignments will be deducted a flat ten percent."

Mr. Felton adjusted his jacket and handed out our current mid-term marks, and while some had excited reactions, others stayed silent, the concern evident on their faces. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Evans trying to catch my eye. I looked down at my paper. 

A big eighty stood out on my report, not bad. The bells went off and I peeked towards Evans who grabbed his bag and now was heading towards me. Maybe if I avoid him completely he'll start to hate me.

So I practically ran out of class and kept going at top speed until I reached Sam's locker, where Sam had his hands hanging around Zoey's neck.

"Oh hey, Scarlett, it's-" started Sam.

"ZOEY!" I called out, rather loud. "ZOEY, GIRLS ROOM! NOW!"

"I'm great, thanks for asking," said Sam, sarcastically.

"Jesus, Scarlett, what's the rush?" Asked Zoey irritated. 

"Nowww!" I grabbed her arm and pulled her with me.

"Thanks for stealing my girlfriend. Okay and you're not listening..." Sam's voice trailed behind us.

We entered the washroom and I turned to face Zoey. "I have a problem."

"Well, clearly," she said.

"I don't know what to do, do I tell him? I mean I've tried, but I can't because- because what would we do after that? What if he hates me? I'm leaving in almost a week, I mean I'm not even sure if I want to. But I want to. What if he thinks I'm selfish?"

Zoey put her hands on my shoulder and looked me in the eye "Take a breath. Deep breaths."

I followed, realizing I was actually out of breath.

"Okay, first things first, you need to talk to him. I don't understand why you're complicating things?"

"Because Zoey, he's the only good thing I've had in so long, and I'm so scared. I'm so scared of losing him."

"Scarlett, you have to be a little selfish in life. You can't hold on to things too hard, it'll just backfire. My advice is you move on, and who knows... maybe you guys can work out a long distance relationship."

Maybe. But I had a really bad feeling, a rotten vibe my gut was giving off.

♡♡♡

"So I'm guessing you're sure that you'll be moving with me right?" Logan looked up from his laptop, adjusting his glasses.

"Hmm..." I answered, slightly distracted by Sherlock, streaming on my Netflix.

"Uh I know you have your friends here... and you know. I know that. But I feel like we should start over, and if I'd do that without you it'd be wrong," He said calmly. I sighed and paused my show.

"Yeah... Yeah, you're right." I replied quietly.

"I'm holding a Christmas dinner before we leave, and I guess that could also be a sort of farewell, what d'you say?"

"That'd be nice. Now if you don't mind, I'm trying to watch something. Stop interrupting," I whined, annoyed. I reached for the remote to continue my show, when he flicked my hand.

"Oh I mean sure, if Benderlick Cumbersome is more important than your life decisions."

"Yes Benedict Cumberbatch is more important and so is my cinnamon roll John."

He mumbled something like 'crazy teenagers'. So I poked him and sang out, "You're only two years older, Logaann."

To which he flicked me again, and I poked him harder. Then he twisted my finger, which is when I tackled him.

I missed us. I missed us a lot.

♡♡♡

THE END IS NEAR. dun dun dun

*excuse mistakes, iz le unedited. Just wanted to update*