XVII

CHAPTER 17

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you."
-Winnie the Pooh

A wave of force hit me, a cold and wet feeling setting over me making me lose my senses for a few minutes.

As I stood there covered in white foam, I remembered why Evans was the pain in my existence. He stared at me wide eyed, holding the fire extinguisher in his hands with a black haired boy beside him who was stifling a laugh. His light brown hair fell in his eyes and his lips pulled up in to a grin. I glared at both of them hard. They pulled on a serious face.

"What?" Evans said defensively. "You looked extremely hot. I thought you needed to cool down a little." He winked and they both started laughing again.

"Aarrghhh" No words came out, instead I shrieked, my nostrils flared and I stomped my foot.

And laughing he ran off, aiming the hose towards other people in the halls with the black haired boy following, I heard a teacher blow a whistle and a few screams from other students.

Zoey, still dying from laughter, grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the washroom. "Let's get you c-cleaned up." She said between laughs.

"Zoey. You're not supposed to be laughing." I whined.

"You two will never grow up, will ya?"

"Him. He will never grow up." I say coldly.

"Alexander Evans and Tom Parker to the office please. Report to the office right now. Alexander and Tom." The P.A system went off.

♡♡♡

"Hey, it's the girl on fire." A guy walked past me pointing, I recognized him as the black haired boy from earlier.

"You." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Me." He grinned sheepishly. "I'm Tom, someone this guy follows around." He pointed to Evans who was walked up to us.

"More like the other way around." Evans retorted, hitting Tom's back.

"No hard feelings about earlier?" Tom asked smiling.

"Oh I'm not letting you guys off the hook that easy? What sort of joy do you get from drenching me in foam?" I asked

"Oh all sorts of joy Dev, all sorts." Evans snorted and I resisted the urge to punch him.

"Let me make it up to you, what do you say? A date?" Tom asks casually. Smooth Tom, smooth.

"Sorry I don't date. I think I'll stay single for the rest of my life." I shrug, giving him a nice try look.

"Tom, she only dates respectable guys- like me." Evans smirked.

"Shut up Evans, we've never dated." We exit the school doors. "Anyways, I hope you learnt your lesson and got punished. I heard the announcement."

"Oh Scarlett, put thy faith in us. We had Matty boy to cover for us." Retorted Evans.

I raised my eyebrows, "My cousin. The chubby one, you've met him before."

"Ah yes... I thought that was part of the lie. The cousin who's got the worst role model on earth."

"Yeah! What- no!" Evans said and Tom laughed at him. 

"Alright c'mon, how about you join us, we were just heading out for some McDonald's." Tom offered.

I hesitated and Tom noticed then sang out, "My treat."