VIII

CHAPTER 8

  "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."

-J.K Rowling  

"I love your smile, it's so beautiful." Eric's voice was soft, and he had his arm wrapped around my waist as we walked out of the diner. I'd been smiling like crazy for the whole day, my crush had asked me out on a date, which girl wouldn't be happy?  I've dreamed of this date for ages, so I also kept pinching myself all day expecting to wake up. 

"And I love your failed attempt of dancing." I giggled. After our meal, I urged Eric to dance a little to the small town band playing the diner. And let's just say, I've seen better dance moves by a dad who has fish legs.

"Please, don't bring that up, like ever. I told you I couldn't dance." He groaned.

"Don't worry, I thought it was adorable you tried for me." We reached his car, and I leaned against the side. He did the same. We talked a lot at the diner, and he said the nicest things, he pulled out my chair for me which was funny, overall he was a true gentleman, which proved Logan wrong who'd advised against going out with 'an egotistical caveman'. To be honest, I think he has an issue that Eric has potential to be captain of the soccer team after Logan.

"Well, would you do something for me in return?" He asked.

"Depends." I shrug.

"Well first, the party next week, the one where Zoey said she'd go hunting for guys, she's a little crazy. Anyways, I know you said you might not come, but I'm hoping you would change your mind... because I'd like you to come as my date."

Oh my goodness. He's asking me to come to a party as his date, which would make 'us' official. The rumours had already been going around that Eric Sanders was dating Logan Devereaux's sister, 'the one with the ugly bangs' (no one knew me, I mean I wasn't a freak or a loner but I wasn't special either). To be honest, I'd thought we'd hang once or twice and that'd be it. I mean what's so special about me? All I knew was that if we'd go to this party as a couple, my popularity meter would hit the sky. "And that would change my mind, why?" I played it cool, following Zoey's advice.

"Because you like me." He grinned.

"Do I? I'm not sure about that." 

"Whatever you say princess, but how about we determine that at the party?" He raked his hand through his hair, which by the way, up 'til now, looked like each strand had been carefully set in gel.

"I'll still have to think about the party, I think my parents might have something planned that weekend. What's the second thing?"

He straightened up and stepped in front of me. "This." He leaned in closer to my face and his eyes closed. And I, like the dork I am, went in to full analyzation mode of the situation. Listing off the first few things I'd thought of in that moment,

-is he trying to kiss me?
-do I kiss him back?
- isnt it way too early to kiss?
-or is it?
-his nose is rather weird now that I look closely.

I put my hand on Eric slightly stopping him from coming closer and he looked surprised, his eyes flashing something for a split second. Then he smiled. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that, too soon, eh?" 

"Yeah, sorry I just sort of-" 

"Hey it's okay, I get it, I just got caught it the moment, and you just look so beautiful." I just awkwardly tried to smile, failing miserably. He still smiled back and said, "C'mon let's get you home."