5 YEARS LATER - FINAL CHAPTER

My eyes teared up as Zoey hugged me as tightly as possible. I pulled back, and smiled through watery eyes. "I'll miss you Zo, thank you for everything."

"You know I love you and I'm always here. Always."

"Love you too, Skype me everyday okay?"

"Snap me cute boys, and if you get married and have babies and forget about me, you're dead," Zoey rambled.

"Okay, that's enough you two, we'll meet soon," Logan interrupted our conversation.

I looked up around the gates, and held back a sob. Evans hadn't come. He hadn't even called since the dinner.

"If he cared about you, Scarlett, he'd be here seeing you off, and encouraging you to build your future," Logan said quietly, noticing my wandering eyes.

"Don't, Logan."

Zoey said her final goodbyes and we were on our way. We reached the first check in, where we put our luggage on the ramps. After finishing we headed to the carry on check in, crossing the line where they checked our boarding passes.

We were standing in the line when the guards behind us started talking loudly, 'you can't sir, sorry, you must be a passenger.'

Logan turned back to look at the scuffle, and made a face. "Evans?"

I whipped around to see him, standing there, arguing, pleading, with the guards. "Evans?" I breathed.

Immediately my feet starting moving themselves, and I found myself hugging him.
"You came!"

I felt his chest vibrate as he laughed, hugging me back tightly. "'Course Hazel."

My tears started running again as I looked up at his beautiful face, "Thank you."

He ran his thumb across my cheek and gave a frustrated sigh. "You don't know how hard it is to let you go, Scar. But I'm not going to let my ego get in the way of your happiness. I won't be my father."

"Hey, I know. You're nothing like him. You're so much better. And you know I love you, Evans. You're-"

"Eh, look at that would you, Dev. You love me?"  I blushed furiously and bit my lip.

"Shut up," I shoved him as he chuckled.

'Flight 534 will be taking off in 20 minutes. Please proceed to boarding lines.'

"Lets go, Scarlie," Logan called out. I squeezed Evans' hands once more, tightly.

"You should go, Scarlett," he said, sadly.

I couldn't hold my emotions together anymore, I turned away from his face. And before I even took a step further, he pulled my arm back and I collided back in to him. He kissed me, swiftly.

"I love you too, Scar," he whispered. I was full on sobbing now, it was kind of embarrassing.

"Goodbye Alexander." And without turning back I proceeded to the line and boarded the plane, looking down at Toronto one last time.