XV

CHAPTER 15

"Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life." 
-Charles M. Schulz 

"Don't worry kiddo, I'll handle your mom, go have fun." Dad ruffled my hair, his warm brown eyes twinkled like they always did behind his glasses. "We'll go some other time."

"Thanks dad." I say, trying not to sound annoyed, I'd spent hours setting my hair.

Logan looked at me one last time, and walked away shaking his head. I rolled my eyes and walked out in to the night, Eric was late. I called him three times already, when he'd finally arrived.

"You look ravishing," he grinned. "I'm glad you came, princess."

"Thank you, you don't look bad yourself." I giggled, and we drove off to the party.

♡♡♡

"Ma, your son has a girl at home, kick them out." A voice whispered.

"They look adorable, Mary, leave them be." Another voice said.

Click. "This is going in the family group. Little Lexi's all grown up, isn't he." The voice, Mary's voice, cooed.

I jerked awake, and saw Mary staring at me. I looked down feeling weight on my legs, and almost shrieked seeing Evans' head in my lap.

Aww, the devil looked so adorable.

I smacked him hard against the skull, and Mary started laughing as Evans shot up with a scowl. "What the hell, Mary!"

"Hey, it wasn't me! Tell your girlfriend off." Mary yelled putting her hands up.
Evans' eyes darted towards me and his neck turned slightly red.

His eyes widened in realization, then looked over to his mother who was watching us from the kitchen. "Ma, this isn't what it looks like-"

"Uh huh, sure. Ma wants you both at the table." Mary interrupted, she gave me one last look and walked out of the living room.

Evans cleared his throat and looked sideways at me, I ran my hands through my bed hair, hoping I didn't look like crap.

"Um- so I should get going-" I started. 

"Yeah we just snoozed away didn't we-"

"-Yeah, I'll just grab my stuff." I got up off the couch staring as Evans put him arms behind his head and stretched, making his muscles flex.

I can't believe you wasted your life hating this guy.

Shut up!

And now I'm talking to myself.

"Scarlett!"

"Huh?" I snapped up to look at his face.

"Um, I asked if you wanted to stay- for breakfast I mean."

"I really don't want to impose-"

"S' alright, as long as your family doesn't mind."

"Yeah, I mean no, they won't-" I took a breath. "I'd love to stay for breakfast." I smiled.

We walked in to the kitchen, where Evans' mother and Mary were already eating. Evans' mother looked up at me and smiled.

"Good morning dears, come sit." She urged and I took a seat beside Evans. "What's your name love?"

"Scarlett." I replied, Evans' mother was beautiful, her face had a warm glow and her eyes crinkled when she smiled.

"That's a beautiful name for a beautiful girl." I didn't know what to say, I just smiled at her. I'm awkward when it comes to compliments.

"Mom, just ask her if they're screwing each other or not. Are those my clothes?" Mary exclaimed.

Evans choked on the toast he was nibbling, "Shut up Mary! Tell her to shut up Ma!"

Evans' mother chuckled, "Mary please. Are you dating my boy, Scarlett?" She questioned as she handed me a plate of toast with scrambled eggs.

"Um- no ma'am. We're just sorta friends?" I answered, unsure.

"Call me Louise, dear."

"Scarlett. Scarlett." Mary chanted quietly furrowing her eyebrows, "I've heard about you, I think." Then her eyes widened as if she remembered and Evans stood up abruptly.

"Alright, that was delicious and merry but we're off." Evans announced loudly, and kicked my foot.

Ouch! I glared at him.

Mary excitedly shook her hands, "You're that girl, the hazel-"

"Bye Ma!" Evans grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the kitchen and out of the house.

"My dress-"

"I'll get it for you later, you should go home, you're parents must be worried sick eh?" I stared at him confused, he was acting so weird. We got in to his car and he put on some music. 

"Hey Alex," he looked over at me, "thanks for letting me stay over at your place."

"My pleasure, sunshine." He replied.

♡♡♡

I heard voices coming from the den as I tiptoed my way to my room, I changed course and stood outside of the den. It was Dave, on the phone with a woman. Bree? No, this was a different voice.

"Look, she's not even home for a few days and the girl is barely home, just come over." Dave said bored, he was in his usual couch seat, smoking.

The woman replied something I couldn't hear and Dave laughed. "It'll be delivered to your doorstep, anything for you Barb."

I shook my head in disbelief, it's not what I'm thinking is it?

"Barb, honey, don't worry. Come in through the back."

It is what I'm thinking, it's another woman. It doesn't surprise me, I've always doubted Dave, but Bree is just an amazing woman, who'd cheat on her. It seems as the best people always end up with the worst fates.

I tried to walk away quietly, my breathing shallow, but I kick the corner of a vase table and it made a scraping sound, loud enough for Dave to hear.

"Listen, I'll call you back." I heard him say and I rushed over to the staircase pretending to go up. He walked out of the den with a suspicious look on his face and I looked straight ahead.

"Hey you, girl! Where were you all night?"

"What you checked up on me? Worried about me Dave?" I scoffed.

"Yeah I'm worried your out whoring about because I'm not keeping a pregnant girl in this house!"

"Why don't you worry about your own whore, Dave." Oh curse me, I bit my tongue.

"What did you say you little brat?" I could see Dave's anger rising, his round face turning red. "Are you suggesting something?"

"Maybe I am, or maybe you could shut up and look the other way and so will I." I bargained, knowing this could end up really bad.

Dave shook his finger at me, opening his mouth, then snapped it shut. He turned on his heel and stalked away, then turned to give me one last glare before going in to the den.

I rushed up to my room, my mind overflowing with thoughts and emotions. I picked up the phone and dialed Bree's number but then cancelled the call. I decided that I'd talk to her once she got back. 

♡♡♡

A/N chap 14+15 are not edited or revised, please excuse the mistakes
hope you're enjoying .. im taking it slow because we just had some major drama, but it doesnt stop there, theres more to come! :)