I open my eyes

Ned picked me up still in his scrubs.

I couldn't think of anybody else to call. Usually, I would call Tyler. But that wasn't an option. And I was too embarrassed to call Sky or Josh. And Robin would murder me.

So I had to call Ned.

When he picked me up, I was too ashamed to look at his face. I just sat down and turned toward the window. He didn't ask any questions. I could just feel his eyes studying me. Then he drove away.

I didn't talk the whole ride. I just stared out the window and watched the moon follow us. My hand slipped over my mouth, trying to muffle my own sobs.

When we got home, I was relieved to see that Robin wasn't home yet.

I went straight to my bedroom and closed the door. I barely made it to the trashcan before I started to throw up again. I didn't think that I had anything left to throw up.

When I stopped throwing up, I crawled over to my bed and buried myself under the covers. I didn't want to let the world in.

I heard the door creak open and when I looked up Ned was standing there. He had changed into his pajamas. And he held a glass of ginger ale in his hands along with a bowl of crackers.

"This will make your stomach feel better," he told me as he handed me the two objects. I sat up in the bed, praying that I wouldn't throw up again.

"Thanks," I muttered as I took a sip of the ginger ale.

We sat there for a moment in silence. Then I talked. "So what's my punishment?"

"Oh," Ned let out a small smile. "I think vomiting violently is punishment enough. Plus your head is going to hurt like hell tomorrow."

I laughed. It hurt.

"Can I ask you something?" Ned wondered as I started to nibble on a cracker.

"You already did but go on." I was getting my horrible attitude back. That must have been a good sign that I was feeling better.

"Why were you with Mason?" Ned asked.

I almost forgot that I was lying to Ned and Robin. They still didn't know I had been dating Mason this whole time. "I just needed to get away."

"From what?"

I let out a heavy sigh. "Life I guess."

"Sounds like you are depressed," Ned said, half as a joke.

"I think so," I admitted with a little laugh. What a horrible thing to laugh at. What a horrible person I am.

"What about Tyler?" Ned asked. At his name, my heart skipped a beat.

"What about him?"

"Well, I haven't seen him around in awhile. Did you guys break up?"

I shrugged. "I guess you can say that. We weren't together."

"Oh. Well it seemed like you guys were. What happened?"

I bit my lip, trying to think of how to explain it all. "He told me that he loved me."

"Oh. And you don't."

Again, I hesitated. "I don't think I can."

Ned smiled. "Well, Chloe. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard."