Back to school

When I walked through the door, of course Robin and Ned were waiting for me at the kitchen table with their scorn looks.

But I couldn't care less. Actually, I couldn't care about anything at the moment. After my day with Mason, I was floating on cloud nine. And nobody could knock me off. Not even Robin or Ned.

When they saw the bright smile on my face, they each exchanged a curious look. Robin was the first one to bravely speak. "Chloe, your principle called. She said that you skipped school again."

"Yeah, I didn't go," I admitted. After that I giggled. Just thinking about Mason did that to me. "I'll go tomorrow."

After that I walked upstairs, not bothering to give Ned and Robin another glance. But I could still hear them as I went.

"I don't know if I should be mad that she skipped school," Ned said. "Or be happy that she's actually smiling."

"I don't know," Robin replied. "But something isn't right."

Yeah, something wasn't right. For the first time in forever, I was truly happy.

So I actually did go back to school. It didn't go so well.

We did have a chemistry test today and I wasn't prepared for it at all. So before lunch I ran up to Sky at her locker, knowing that she had spent her whole night preparing for the test.

Without saying hi, I jumped right to the point. "Can I cheat off of you today?"

Sky was startled. "No! That's breaking the honor code!"

I let out a frustrated sigh. "Fine. But I'm still going to do it anyway. I was just trying to be honest and ask for your permission."

Sky rolled her eyes behind her glasses. But before she could speak another word, I interrupted her with a growl. "Oh, here he comes again."

"Who?" Sky wondered as she turned her attention to where my glare was aimed.

"Tyler," I spat, as I watched him walk toward me with Josh. "Why he can't leave me alone, I don't know."

Sky didn't say anything. I looked over at her. Something was off. Her skin had turned a sickly pale color. And I'm pretty sure her pupils had grown ten times their original size. And was she shaking?

"Sky?" I asked, with some concern in my voice. I wasn't sure if she was having a panic attack.

"Are they both coming this way?" She asked in a skittish voice.

"Who? Oh. Tyler and that other kid, Josh? Yeah, that's why I said I wanted him to leave me alone."

"Oh God," Sky whispered. And before I could react, Sky had thrown her head into her locker.

"Sky!" I yelled, looking around to see if anyone else had noticed this strange behavior. "What are you doing!?"

"Just pretend I'm not here!" She squealed.

I wanted to ask more questions, but Tyler and Josh had arrived. They both looked a lot less sweaty than I had seen them yesterday.

Josh and Tyler both raised an eyebrow at Sky, who looked like she was trying to force herself to disappear into that little locker. "Sky?" Josh wondered. "Is, uh, that you?"