I meet the devil

By the time it was over I was out of breath, lying flat on my back with Mason leaning over me. The covers were thrown over our bare bodies. Mason was grinning. His hand ran through his messy hair over and over.

"Wow," he said.

"Wow." I repeated the word.

"That was..."

"Great."

"Extraordinary."

We both broke into laughter. I looked up at him and rested my hand on his face. I steadied my breathing and was able smile. "You want to go again?"

"Hell yeah," Mason said right before he lunged on top of me. I let out a squeal of joy right before I put my lips on his neck.

But our paradise was put to an end when the door was kicked open. I looked up in horror to see Robin standing there, smoke coming out of her ears.

"Uh oh," I muttered as Mason rolled off of me. We both pulled the blanket a little bit more up our bodies.

For a moment it was awkward silence. Robin stood by the doorway, mouth wide open but no words came out. It was actually kind of scary. I couldn't even get up and storm away like I usually did. I was butt naked.

Finally she spoke. "Chloe," she spoke my name in a raspy voice. "Who the hell is this?"

I looked over at the boy lying right next to me. I could tell he was doing his best not to smile. "Mason," I answered.

"Last name?"

"Troy."

Robin's right eye twitched. Then she laughed, which scared me even more. "That's funny. That's really funny." She continued to laugh. I shot Mason a nervous glance. He wasn't smiling anymore.

Reluctantly, I asked a daring question. "What's so funny, Robin?"

Robin laughed even harder. "It's just that I know this boy named Mason Troy. He does drugs! Worst, he sells them! Yes, his brother and him have quite the business. I know this because he ends up in the station probably once a month. Only we can never keep him because there just never is enough evidence against him. But I know that he is responsible for ruining a bunch of innocent kids' lives with his business! Yeah, you can say he is a monster."

Oh God.

"But I know," Robin waved a finger at me. "That this isn't the same Mason Troy, even though the boy naked in your bed looks like a spitting image of him. But I know you aren't that stupid to get in bed with a drug dealer. But just to put my nerves at ease, why don't you assure me and tell me that this isn't Mason Troy, the criminal."

I looked back at Mason, who just gave me a shrug. He knew as well I did that there was no way around this.

So I looked back at Robin and said in a small voice." No. this is Mason Troy, the drug dealer and criminal...and my boyfriend.

And that's when Robin unleashed her fury.

"CHLOE MARGARET BANKS! YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!? HE'S A CRIMINAL! HE BELONGS BEHIND BARS NOT IN YOUR BED! AND DID YOU THINK THAT I WOULDN'T NOTICE YOU TWO WERE UP HERE!? I COULD HEAR THE HOWLING FROM DOWNSTAIRS!"

Mason and I exchanged glances. "I told you she would hear you," I growled.

Mason shrugged once again. "I can't not do that. I'm a wolf in bed."