So sick!!

I woke up to my phone vibrating under my pillow. It was 5:15 A.M. Christmas day. I got up and put on my fluffy socks. I opened my closet door as quietly as possible and got the present box that I wrapped yesterday. I slowly opened my door and checked if anyone was up, well it's just Andy and Phoenix. All the lights were out downstairs so I tiptoed by Andy's closed door and downstairs where our tiny Christmas tree was.

Under the tree, there was a big present box wrapped in minion wrapping paper. The box said, To: Aria, in Andy's handwriting. I set my present box next to the one Andy put under the tree.
Suddenly, I heard something. It was andy. His door opened and he stepped out. I quickly hid behind the couch. My heart was racing, I can't let Andy see me. Or maybe I can pretend like I was getting a drink of water. No, that will ruin the fun.

I peeked over the couch. I didn't see him but I heard the fridge open. He must be in the kitchen. He always sits on the couch in the morning so I had to move before he got here. I crawled quickly but quietly to the dining table beside the kitchen. I hid in the shadow of one of the chairs the Christmas lights casted. I sat there for a minute, waiting for Andy to get out the kitchen. I looked out the cold window behind me, the ground was white and the trees carried a load of snow on its branch.

Andy moved from the kitchen, with a cup of coffee,to the living room sofa. He laid on the couch with a blanket over his feet  and a laptop. I got on my hands and knees, ready to o go back to my room.

"Meow" Phoenix rubbed against my arms and legs. Andy must have forgot to feed him. It was his job to feed him in the morning.

Andy probably heard the meows and stood up. I went back to my original spot behind the chair. Phoenix kept trying to get closer to me so I had to push him away. Andy was in the kitchen now, putting cat food in Phoenix's bowl. Phoenix, who was trying to get on my lap, immediately turned around and started jogging towards his food.

Andy, after putting back the food, started walking towards the dining table, where I was hiding. I tried to be as small as possible hoping he wouldn't see me. At the same time thinking about an excuse for hiding behind a chair early in the morning.

He walked right past me and stopped in front of the Christmas tree, right beside the dining table. I could tell he was looking at the present box I put just a few minutes ago. He looked at it for a few seconds and got back to the sofa. I got on my hands and knees once again and started crawling towards the kitchen. I crawled as softly as I can trying not to put much weight on the wood floor so it won't squeak.

Finally I was in the kitchen where Andy can't see me. Now  standing up, I tip toed. Phoenix was curled up in a ball next to the air vent where the warm air blew. I was too busy looking at how cute he was, that my clumsy self tipped Phoenix's half filled water bowl over.  The bowl landed upside down with a loud crash, making a small water puddle. "Good fricken job aria" I said to myself. I saw Andy throwing his blanket off so I took off running. I ran on my tip toes, quietly up the stairs and into my room.

I laid flat on the floor, ear against the bottom crack of my door. Phoenix followed me and sat outside my closed door. His paw peeked from the cracks.

I flopped on my bed and snuggled under my fuzzy blanket.
I closed my eyes and I fell asleep. When I woke back up, it was 7:10am. I put on my unicorn onesie and walked downstairs. Andy was asleep on the couch with his star wars blanket, his laptop still on his stomach.

I took his laptop and placed it on a table and laid on top of him. After almost 10 minutes  Andy spoke.

"What are you doing on top of me" he said, yawning