Last day

A month passed by. Andy can finally walk now, slowly, without any help by crutches. Multiple bad days for me, school work and people. But lately i made new friends, through Daniella and Aron. Those people helped me a lot, and i would say I'm enjoying school now.

"I'm so excited!" My friend said.

We were sitting outside in the cold waiting for our rides home.

"Me too!" I said. My friend and i just got tickets to a Get Scared concert. They were a small metal band, and we were obsessed with them.

Aron walked out the classroom as Joe's car pulled up.

"Aw man, you're leaving?"

"Yup, sorry"

"I never get to talk to you" he said casually giving me a side hug.
He's been acting kind of weird. Very touchy and talks to me more often. I had an idea of what he was up to. My friend told me

"Awe sorry" i said smiling and hugging him back, just to tease him.

I got in the backseat. "Sissy!" Ruby said strapped in her car seat. "Hey ruby" i tickled her. "Now she has to learn that you're not actually her sister when you leave." Joe said.

As always, he dropped me off at the hospital. I walked through the lobby for the millionth time. I took the stairs because i was secretly scared of the elevator. I greeted the kids that I made friends with throughout my trip here. Everything was normal.

But what I didn't know was that this was my last time going through the hospital doors.

I knocked on Andy's door to the rhythm of This Is Gospel. "This is gospel for the fallen ones. Locked away in permanent slumber -"

He opened the door "assembling they're.. something I don't know the lyrics" he was standing with a big leg supporter and a crutch. "Come in"

I sat in my usual spot "anything new?"

"Doctor said i can probably leave this place in a week or so"

"That's great, I get to go home"

"I know right, I almost forgot about our house"... "there's a cafe I like right across the road. Wanna go there? I can leave the hospital now, as long as i come back"

"Um..." I looked out the window, the sky was dark and muddy. "It looks like it's about to rain, plus you have that big robot thing on your leg so I don't know"

"I guess we'll stay then"

Andy and I played video games and talked. "Ruby calls me sissy now"
"That's adorable-"

Crack* crack*

I heard something from the first floor. I looked at Andy. "Hear that?" , "i heard like a gun sound" ,  "yeah me to" , "somebody probably dropped something it's ok" we carried on with the game, but something to me didn't feel right.

We saw a few people and nurses running in the hallway. But everything was abnormally quiet.

The fire alarm went off flashing lights and loud buzzes echoing throughout the whole building. Andy jumped from his seat and cracked open the door to get a peek. I looked out the window. Nothing seems to be different outside. 

Andy's face showed fear, he quietly shut the door and unsuccessful running away from the door. "Aria! Get down! Now!" Andy said quietly but forcefully

"What, what's going on?"

Andy threw his crutch on the bed and hopped with his one good feet, grabbing me and pushing me down behind the bed. Andy slid down beside me, out of sight from the tiny door window.