chapter 4 - i saw the danger but i walked

Y/N's heart seemed to stop for a moment, it was as though Rachel was planning this all along, but seriously, Nathan?! Rachel knew full well of their small but awkward history and it was obvious this wouldn't work at all. "I d-don't understand..." He rolls his eyes, "Pssh, who ever understood Rachel fucking Amber."for some reason, this caused Y/N to giggle a little. From what she's seen of Nathan and for knowing Rachel so well, she did realize that they were quite similar, maybe this won't be so hard.
Nathan glared icicles at her, "So... You just gonna sit there or do I have to give you a formal invitation to go to the diner with me?" His eyebrows furrowed slightly, ur was his go-to expression. She couldn't help but blush, it may have been the way he said it, like a date almost. She gulped, squeezing her fists shut to let out all negative stress, "Yeah, ok."
It had been an awkward and quiet bus ride to the diner, she just kinda stared at him as he ignored her, leaning his elbow on the side and placing his head on his hand, watching the world go by. It was odd seeing him look peaceful like that, except for some little twitches that'd happen, but it didn't bother him at all. She tried desperately to fight down the thought of him almost being cute, his eyes were wider and a little more friendlier in this way, the early morning blue reflected on them perfectly. She almost felt as serene, until he looked back at her.
Being actually quite good at being quick witted, she managed to turn away without it being too awkward, still very awkward, but at least there wasn't any awkward staring contests. The bus finally got to its destination as both got off the bus, and walked to the Two Whales Diner in complete silence. They found a booth right at a back, a little bit away from everyone else but it was still a small diner. Y/N sat herself down quietly, watching as Nathan slid across to the window, his hands clenched together.
"So... Were you and Rachel friends?" Y/N started the conversation quietly, hoping not to offend. He glared slightly, but didn't seem too agitated, "I guess you could call it that.." He replied, "What? Did she talk shit about me or something?" Y/N shook her head and smiled, "Not entirely but...." "im going for it" "Do you have feelings for her?" He clenched the fist he had on the table, biting his lip. Shit. But suddenly, he exhale heavily, ruffling said hand into his hair, "Look, she's hot, okay? That's it. No one gives a shit about personality anymore." He says in a slightly harsh tone, that made Y/N fidget slightly.
A coffee had arrived and been finished before any of them opened their mouths again, Y/N put her cup down slowly. "What about your friends, Nathan?" She asked in a content tone, not too excitable or nosy. She thought it was kinda weird how different she was taking this, trying to figure out what would and what wouldn't get on his nerves. He chuckled for a moment, a small smile in his face for a slight second that made Y/N even smile. "What? You mean Victoria and her bitch posse?" He shrugged, "Tori is cool, she's one of the snobbiest bitches I've met but at least she kinda listens to me, a lot of people get the wrong idea but, she's more like a sister to me."
Y/N gulped. "Why did that make me feel relieved?

A:N sorry this is kinda shorter. it's like 3am almost, will try my best to write a chapter a day tho, thanks for reading! <3