chapter 21 - this boy's in love

It was a long time until you both went back to dorms. You didn't want to be alone tonight. He was okay with that, and so you both manage to sneak back to his dorm. The room was cold when you enter, but the warmth in your stomach from the time he first met you at the vortex club party and brought you here to safety, and that romp to the drug dealer. You look over at him and he was already looking back at you. Smiling softly back at him, you noticed how at ease he looked for once.

"Hey, can I um..." You whisper, he raises an eyebrow. "Borrow a shirt?" tugging awkwardly at your own. He's probably used to having girls over, but you weren't. Bending down to the bottom of his wardrobe, grabbing out two shirts. Standing back up he hands you a white one, which is quite long on you, whilst keeping a gray one over his arm.

"Everything okay there?" He asks, placing a hand on your shoulder and bending down to your height and looking into your eyes. Nodding, you smile and take that moment to plant a peck on his nose. He may bed ladies a lot, but you loved his reaction to it, skin growing red, gulping and his eye twitching with that unknown affection. Walking away, scratching the back of his neck and then ruffling his hair. He takes his shirt over his head and he looked amazing, he wasn't trying, but he looked so soft. Placing his longer gray shirt on he looks back over to you. His hair was more shaked up than usual and seeing him look comfortable in your company than trying to impress everybody else around him felt your own stress load off.

Slowly you take your shirt off and you can't bear to look at him, you've almost slept with him once, you're....his girlfriend.

When you placed his long, white shirt on. It may sound silly, but it was like a hug, you felt safe. He looked exhausted. "We have another vortex club party tomorrow, yeah?" you ask, "Guessing you'll be going?" Suddenly, he looks up to you in a quick glance. He looked, nervous. "Yeah, Obviously." he retorts, with a quick smirk. Sitting down next to him, you lay your head on his shoulder, staying there in that position for a moment, no talking. That was until he hugged you tightly from behind, burying his head in the nape of your neck. You started to giggle, struggling out of his grip, you fall down onto the bed, looking up at him with a huge grin.

He wasn't slow to join you, laying down beside you, holding his head up with his arm. You look over with the smile still planted on your face, but when you see his expression, you were confused to see how sad he looked.

You just stared at eachother. Eyebrows furrowed slightly as you tried to understand his feeling. He parted his lips so gently that you could see them slowly separate from each other, and a small breath escaping through the crack.

You sensed a quiet sorrow in him, you wanted to ask but you didn't want it to ruin things, what if he was finally happy?
Suddenly, you felt a yawn break out of your mouth, embarrassed you tried your hardest to make it as petite as possible. You noticed his hands on you, not in a sexual way, but he was gripping tightly onto your shirt, and you could feel him kneading on it like a cat would.
"Nathan, I'm tired. Is it okay if I sleep?" You murmur softly near his ear, he gulps and nods.

Silence.

Blissful silence.

"You know I love you, right?" He whispered nervously, you could feel him starting to shake.
"Of course..." You told him gently, rubbing his shoulder hoping to calm him.

"I just....I just don't want this to end."

(((WOOO HI GUYS! 22k reads. I never thought y'all would like this THAT Much! if you've been here since the beginning im SO sorry I've taken so long, but thank you for staying x a quick update, I have started college this year and I'm 3 weeks in and it is already kicking my ass. I plan to do more on this once I have the time and I hope you guys enjoy :) thank you for being so patient. ))