chapter 17 - reflect

You were quiet. You were both quiet. He has been sat on your bed and you were sat on the floor in front of him, watching him. He looked tragically beautiful. He had his head turned to the right side, the sun coming out outside and reflecting on his face, in contrast to the scratches and bruises on his face. His blue eyes were bright and blue, but clouded with confusion and anger. You wanted to talk to him, but he looked in thought, and he looked peaceful.

His eyes caught yours for a moment. You were in awe. His hair was golden against the new sun and his skin was so soft against all the injuries. He opens his mouth slightly to exhale, clutching his head with a hand and leaning himself on his other, elbow on thigh. You gulped, watching him quietly and making sure he doesn't hurt himself. You saw his shoulders rattle slightly, a small whimper  making you shiver. "Nathan..." you whisper, his hand moving more and more into his hand. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry..." He choked out, teeth gritted as the whimpers grew slightly louder. "I got you hurt, I deserve this." You felt your heart in your throat.

"Keep your head up Nathan, you might hurt yourself." you murmur, trying to inch forward. You see him move his head, eyes watching you quietly, his eyes were red and shimmering from the fresh tears dripping down his cheeks. "You might have a concussion, Nathan, please be careful." you say as comforting as you can, trying to bring a hand up to his shoulder, but he swiftly hit your hand back, fear in his eyes. You saw how shaky his hands were. He looked at your cheek, it was bright red, and  to the bruises that were forming on your wrist. His top lip quivered, "G-God dammit!" He whispered loudly, looking away, eyes wide and tears dripping down his nose.

"You need to calm down." you say, slightly more confidently, "You need, to calm down." you felt stronger for a second, but then you felt your words shake. "Please, lift your head up." he looked over at you slowly, and lifted his head. He didn't want to meet your eyes, he looked the other way, chin up, mouth quivering. "Does it hurt anywhere?" you murmur, trying to maintain yourself. "My head is throbbin'" he slurs quietly, shutting his eyes. "Then keep it in the same position, the nurse is on her way." He only groaned in response.

He pursed his lips together, trying to keep whimpers inside. You noticed how hard he was doing it, and that the cut on his lip opened up slowly, blood starting to form. You feel yourself jump up quickly, grabbing his cheek, eyes wide. He looked as confused as you, eyes boring into yours, eyebrows threaded slightly. You brought your thumb up, wiping under his lip, causing him to shudder from pain. You felt everything around the two of you feel like slow motion, and you felt his hand cup your cheek, mirroring yours. That was when you felt yourself close your eyes, and the warmth of Nathan's lips touching yours was all you wanted to feel.

He was such a strong-willed character, hard-shell, angry and dangerous, but his lips were so warm and so soft, you couldn't help but smile against them. Your hands moved up into his soft hair, entwining your fingers into the slick-backed side. You moved away from him slowly, giggling quietly, his face was bright red and you also noticed a slight smile on his face. "Ow." he whispered, sucking his lip near the cut. "Are you okay? Did I hurt you?" You gulped, moving to check his lip, placing a finger on it and pulling it down slightly to see it, he raises an eyebrow and watches. He pushes you back gently, "You got more blood on you, than me." he mutters, suddenly pressing his lips to yours again. You closed your eyes and was brought back to the moment you had before. When he pulled away, he nodded slightly, "There we go."

"Uh, thanks." you chuckled, taking a quick swipe of your tongue on your lips to make sure the blood was gone. You both looked at eachother for a moment, Nathan gulps, "Wow, that was..." he mutters, "Didn't know how much I wanted that until it happened." "Oh stop it." You giggled. You've never seen him like this. He may not be grinning ear to ear, but he just seemed so bright, the clouds of anger were gone and they shined with passion as he looked at you.

"You look....Pretty." He says quietly, you watch him for a second before snorting. "Thanks, Prescott." you smile, trying to maintain laughter brewing in your throat.

((this one is smaller because I think it works more? but I hope you enjoy :) ))