chapter 14 - oncoming storm

((Guyyyys! before you start the chapter be sure to check my instagram for my new max caulfield cosplay for a convention next month! https://www.instagram.com/doppelgangerdun/ ))

So there you were, sitting back down in the diner seat chair, watching Nathan who was on the other side. You were nervous about missing school, but it is Nathan Prescott. "Just gonna sit there and looked scared?" He leans forward, placing his hands in his pockets, fidgeting around on his seat and then looking around the diner. Before you reply, a sudden shiver of cold entered from inside and over your spine, causing your body to shake suddenly and for only a moment, causing him to snort, "Cold?" You only roll your eyes and look away, "A little, but have you seen outside?" you retort, "Hell, it snowed the other day." "You think I forgot? Weird as fuck, like the end of the world or something." He shrugs. "Don't seem very nerved by that thought, should I be scared?" You tilt your head, trying to read his expression. He just gives a smug smile and chuckles, "I'm sure an End of the World party would be fucking badass, You'll be there won't you?" He makes eye contact with you, eyebrow raised awaiting your reply, smile still across his face.

"Wooaaah there cowboy.." You back up, nervous laughter escaping your mouth, thinking of something sarcastic or cynical to say, "You do know your parties are shit unless your in the Vortex Club." you cross your eyes, trying to impersonate his expression. He snorts, "Pff! You're just trying to get a free pass into the VIP Club, eh? Don't worry about that, you're hanging with me, so you're good." Weirdly, you were relieved, but still a little frightened, it reminded you how you met him, at that one party, and you were a nobody. Now you're friends with the infamous Prescott.

Suddenly, you heard taps on the ceiling, which turned into heavy rain, causing you to groan and Nathan to whisper profanities under his breath. "See? This is why you should always listen to me." "Fuck off, bitch." He stands, you watch him for a moment before he ushers you forward with a jerk of his head. You quickly stand and adjust your scarf. "Come on then, before it starts raining knives or some shit, knowing this god damn weather." He mutters, opening the door. The sudden change in temperature caused you to jump back slightly, leaning against the window. He looks back at you, his blue eyes bright against the gray sky, "The fuck are you doing?" He asks angrily, "It's...cold that's all.." you reply nervously, clutching your light cardigan, "I didn't think it was gonna start raining or something!"

He watched you for about five seconds, flaring his nostrils slightly and huffing, walking over to you, taking off his varsity jacket and throwing it at you suddenly. You grunted at the sudden movement but managed to catch it, you watch him from over the jacket that you caught quite high up on your body, face red, his equally so. "Hurry up, will ya?" He raises his arms slightly in annoyance. You nod and put his oversized jacket on, still warm from his own body heat. Quickly adjusting it, he starts running, but you catch up quickly.

You don't know what you were thinking.

But you grab his hand.

He grips onto it, and pulls you closer as you continues running, raining bucketing down onto your face, although it was kind of annoying, it was another moment with Nathan that you would never forget.

You finally got to shelter, shaking your hair out and ruffling it to try get it as dry as possible, Nathan doing the same before slicking it back with a hand. You noticed how cold he looked, and that his cardigan was clinging to his form from the rain. "You gonna give my jacket back?" His abrupt words snapping you out of your daze, you don't reply and take it off of your shoulders and hand it back to him, "Thanks, Nathan." You murmur, "Whatthefuckever, just make sure to bring a fucking raincoat next time." He snaps, in the way your used to at least, "Now go get your ass to that class of yours." He adds, almost in a way that sounded bothered, but you didn't think much of it.

Unfortunately, Mr Jefferson noticed your half hour absence and requested your company after school, groan. Unluckily for you, the only seat left was next to your best friend, Victoria, who was already watching you like the cat she was, almost like her claws were unsheathed and ready to attack. After a few moment of you sitting down, she slowly moves next to your ear, and whispers, "Keep your skank ass away from Nathan, you're turning him into a sissy." She hisses quietly, turning back as though she knows you won't reply, ha. You take your turn, moving close to her ear, "Come on 'Tori' that's no way to speak to a Vortex Club member." You retort quietly into her ear. You almost burst into laughter at her expression, mixed of dumbfounded-ness and pure bitchy rage.

"Hey girls, sorry to butt in, hope there's no trouble." Mr Jefferson's smooth voice snapped you out of your quiet gloating, "Can I continue teaching without being interrupted?"
"Sorry Sir." You mutter, cringing as Victoria also apologised in the cutesiest way possible, barf.

You managed to get through class, and to your surprise, Nathan was already by the door waiting for you, or Victoria. "If you're waiting for Victoria, she's talking to her gross teacher crush." You point a finger to your open mouth. "Of fucking course." He mutters, "Let's get outta here." As the two of you walked through the corridors, trying to ignore the stares your getting, you decide to start conversation. "I used to really like Mr Jefferson, but he's getting super annoying and always butting in on things, trying to be super cool." Nathan sighs, "God, someone gets it, he's a complete prick, all he's good for is his photography skills."

You give him a friendly dig in the arm, "Sounds like a prick I know." You giggle, Nathan only replies with a dig in your arm. You groan, "And he wants me back after class for being half an hour late." Nathan gulps, "Really now?" You roll your eyes, "It's so weird! Barely anyone comes in at the right time-" suddenly, he moves the two of you out of the corridor and moves in front of you, placing his hands firmly on your shoulders, "Don't go."