chapter 19 - no below

EDIT: 6/10 (geez.... didnt know i wrote this much. im so sorry guys. mental health isnt very good right now and i think about writing every day but i can never get there. i love you guys...thanks for sticking by.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(wow, this has been going on for a year now, and its been amazing. i love waking up to comments on here, ive never been that popular and it makes me always want to come back. thanks guys, i love you. on another note holy FUCK. i just played episode one of before the storm and i cried all night it was SO GOOD!!!! IM SO UPSET I HAVE TO WAIT FOR NEW EPISODES BUT ITLL BE SO WORTH IT! BUY IT! WATCH PLAYTHROUGHS! ITS GOT NAAATHAN!!! it'll help more with me figuring out his personality after starting to figure out his backstory AND with rachel too!.)

You found yourself back out the front of Blackwell Academy, it was slightly dark, the sky a dark purple, bright orange just over the horizon and some street lights glisten on the street. Sitting yourself down on the edge of the fountain, Nathan joins you. You could notice him twitching slightly in your peripheral vision. You noticed he did that a lot. Maybe he was nervous about something. You turn your head to him slowly, he was facing forward, looking down at his feet, his eyes looked beautiful in this light. 

"You good, Prescott?" you ask, placing a hand on his shoulder, he twitches and suddenly looks at you, almost fearful, but instantly changes to his default expression. "Yeah. Fine." he retorts, almost defensively. You gulp and look away. "What if they suspend me?" He murmurs, crossing his arms, straightening up. "It'll be fine, you did nothing wrong?" "Haven't you noticed? The world is against me, fucking hates me." He was becoming more shaky, as if the more stressed he felt the more his body moved. "I won't be too far."

He looks at you, his eyes representing his angry side of sadness. "It's not like that." his voice hissed, like usual when he got upset. "My Dad will fuck me up, he hates me enough already as it is. I'm a fucking failure." he chuckles, his body convulsing in short sudden bursts. It was odd, he always acted like he didn't give a shit. "You won't be fucking there, Y/N. You won't be there." He chokes, gripping the brick, skin scraping against it forcefully, it made you cringe. You gripped his hand without thinking. 

"Nathan stop! You'll hurt yourself." You pleaded. He looks down at the two hands together, yours gripping hard in desperation. Slowly, they entwined, you could feel his quivering now. "You've got this Nathan, It'll be okay, I'm not leaving."

You felt warmth on your shoulder, Nathan burrowing his head onto it, gripping onto you gently. 

"Thanks, Rachel."

You felt frigid. But before you could say something he instantly jumped up, face nervous and almost as if he was about to crack.

"N-Nathan-"

It was too late, he'd already walked off. You felt nervous, and confused. What was the meaning of that? Your head felt fuzzy with confusion. Sitting back down on the fountain, you watched him disappear down to the dorm room, moving your hand up to your shoulder, the warmth evaporating slowly. You didn't notice how cold it was out. Maybe it'll snow again. Maybe it's the eclipse. You never noticed those because you were so distracted with Nathan. What will happen now?

Staggering back to your dorm you thought you noticed someone in the corner. Turning around quickly, you noticed lights on inside the pool house. There were footsteps, which you probably thought would be a security guard so it'd be best for you to get out of there, and into your room.

Your room was quiet. And it was dark. It was so lonely and even the lights from outside didn't illuminate it. Curling up slowly and carefully, you feel yourself fall asleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You woke up to your phone buzzing. The sun was blinding by itself but the full brightness phone beside your bed made your eyes hurt. You perk up as you manage to see Nathan's name on the screen. "I fucked up."

You sigh and remember what had happened yesterday. It made you feel sick. 

"Yeah, it's okay."

"Jefferson got the blame"

You felt your mouth curl into a confused smile, you didn't know why he got blamed, but at least Nathan was okay. 

"I'm glad."

Silence.

"I'm a fucking idiot"

"Don't talk like that, you're not"

"I miss her."

For some reason, you felt your blood turn cold, there was something off. You didn't know how to reply. Your emotions tightened your throat, this wasn't like him. 

"I miss her too."

"I'm sorry"

"Are you going to class?"

You tried to switch out the conversation, although it wasn't plausible, maybe he would show up too. But he never replied.