The Linebacker

Maura's POV
***
I can't believe that I have to bury my brother.

I didn't object to Lieutenant Jane Rizzoli to helping. She was beautiful despite seeing how people harm each other. i have been crying myself to sleep.

As I'm looking at Brady's cold body, I feel a hand land on my shoulder. "How you holding up?" He asked.

"Are they retiring his number?" I asked turning around to find Brady's former college football coach, Mark Richt.

Brady played at Georgia from 2006 to 2010 and was invited to the National Football League combine, but turned it down.

"Yeah. The AD has confirmed that number Fifteen is now off limits. I'm not sure when the ceremony is." Mark said.

"I'm glad you could come up from Miami to be here. He would have wanted you here." I said.

"He was my best Middle Linebacker and man could he not only intercept, but he scored more touchdowns than my offense did." Mark laughed.

I hugged Mark. He helped us out big time.

Mother and Father were overseas a lot on business. I graduated and was married than divorced and by the time I left my ex, I decided to go to med school and Brady just happened to be a senior in high school. He graduated and got a scholarship to Georgia and I went to Harvard.

Mark made sure that I got to watch every one of Brady's games and on Brady's senior night stay on the sidelines to help out the athletic trainer.

"Will it get easier?" I ask. "Maura do you remember what Brady used to say?" He asked.

"If you miss a tackle and they gain a lot, get up because the next play, you'll get the sack every time." I say in tears.

"You've gotta get up Maura, because your sack is coming." He said.

"Mark, I have a question." I say. "Yeah?" "What's a sack?"