Welcome to the family

Jane ran into the maturity ward, panting and still in her Marines uniform.

"Maura Rizzoli-Isles?" She asked. "Room 123." 

"Thanks." Jane says walking to Maura's room. Maura had her back to the door and was panting.

"I like looking at my wife's face more than I enjoy looking at her ass." Jane joked. Maura turned over. "Jane. It hurts." Maura sobbed.

Jane took out her bun and her uniform shirt off. "How close are your contractions?" "Close." "Are you close?" Jane said moving Maura's hair out of her face.

"Seven centimeters. Did you run here?" Maura asked. "I did. I'm not missing the birth of our first child." Jane chuckled.

"Ow! Jane get the doctor!" Maura cried out. Jane got up and yelled, "Can we get a doctor!?!" 

Maura's doctor, who just so happened to be Jane's ten years ago, Doctor Stein walked in. "Good to see you again Jane. Alright Maura, let's take a look."

"It's gonna be okay Maur." Jane said. "Well it looks like your little one is ready." Doctor Stein smiled, "I'll have a couple nurses take you down to delivery."

Maura held Jane's hand. 

***

"IT FUCKING HURTS!!!!!" Maura screamed. "You're doing good Maur." Jane smiled. "Alright Maura, give me a big push and than the shoulders will be out." Doctor Stein said.

Maura nods, breathing hard. Jane got up and got behind Maura. 

"What are you doing?" Maura asked. "Use me as a brace." Jane says kissing the side of Maura's head.

Waiting for the next contraction so she could ask Maura to push, Doctor Stein smiled at the two. Jane wasn't jealous and letting Maura's comments about hating her, bother her. "Alright Maura, one more push and you can meet your little one."

Maura nods and lets out a warrior's cry. Jane began tearing up. Soon the shrilling cries of a newborn took over the room.

"And it's a girl." Doctor Stein smiled placing the newborn on Maura's chest. Maura cries looking at the newborn.

"Hi Abree." Jane whispered to the newborn on Maura's chest. Jane got up from behind Maura, "Jill, can I talk to you?" 

Doctor Stein nods.

They walked out into the hall. "Thanks for doing this." Jane smiled. "Jane, I know what you named her. Did Maura agree?" Jill responded.

"I told Maura and it was her idea." Jane ran her hand through her hair, "Did you get the results back?"

"Yeah, I'm not sure why you wanted to check to see if you're still fertile, but I did and let's meet Monday to talk about it." Jill smiled, "Now go see your wife."

Jane shook hands with Jill before going back to see her wife and daughter. "Jane, come cut the cord." A nurse said.

Jane smiled as she cut it, "Welcome to the family. Welcome."