Breaking News

Maura's POV

____

I haven't heard from Jane yet, but I know how stressed she is and how annoying Abbie is.

I had just gotten Abree to sleep when I decided to watch the news. I turned on the TV.

NBC. Of course. Jane had watched the Patriots and the Texans the night before she left. As if they waited for me, Lester Holt appeared.

"Breaking news from our nation's capital, Captain Jane Rizzoli  with a dramatic victory over the United States Marine Core after a court in Boston ruled for her not to retire with full pension.

I froze. I didn't think that happened. Jane had no chance at winning.

"Good evening, I'm Lester Holt and tonight we start with breaking news. Captain Jane Rizzoli of the United States Marine Core winning after a shocking lawsuit we reported a few weeks ago. Peter Alexander is in Washington DC tonight with the details. Peter?"

"Good evening Lester and what a dramatic case. It all started with a lawsuit in Boston that ended up going to the Supreme Court. Captain Jane Rizzoli was sent on a heavily classified mission that took place when her wife was almost due. I talked with Captain Rizzoli after the announcement."

Jane: "I wanted to win for my wife and daughter."

Peter: "Why did you go to the extent to sue the Marines?"

Jane: "I want to be there for my daughter and become a civilian again. I wouldn't be granted                      Terminal Leave until m daughter's tenth birthday."

"When I asked Abbie Carmichael her view on the case, she told me:"

Abbie: "As a military, loving, Texan I almost had turned this case down, but when I saw Jane's                        side of the story, I knew that I had to-"

I turned off the TV and called Jane.

"Yellow?" Jane answered.

"You won." Was all I could say.

"Yeah, and I'm coming home, baby. I'm coming home."