Thoughts

"What are you thinking about?" Maura asked tracing her finger over Jane's torso.

"Nothing." Jane said looking at the ceiling.

"Don't tell me nothing. I know that face." Maura turned the soldier's face towards hers, "Now tell me, what are you thinking about?"

Jane sighed, "I'm thinking about returning to active duty, but be stationed in the US."

"Jane, we talked about this." Maura said sliding her torso onto her wife's.

"I'd most likely be in Florida." Jane said. "But still, you want to return to the thing that nearly killed you."

"Maur," Jane stopped as Maura fiddled with the dog tags that lay on her bare chest, "I was offered a ranked position and I would be training kids for the Army."

"What position?" "Uhh Captain." "Captain Jane Rizzoli." Maura thought about it as Jane kissed her collar bones, "It has a nice ring."

"Yeah." Jane sighed. They lay in silence. Jane was nearly asleep when Maura spoke.

"Jane?" "Hmmm?" "I have been thinking about us. I'm grateful that Bradyn managed to bring us together, but what do you think about kids?"

"Maur, are you trying to tell me you're pregnant?" "I'm not pregnant, but I want to have your babies."

"The genius wants a child?" Jane asked. "Yeah, I want a Rizzoli baby." Maura said kissing Jane's chest.

"I can't give you one. My uterus was destroyed by the bomb that killed Brady and I don't have a..." Jane paused.

"I know that, but we can get either Tommy or Frankie to donate their sperm. Jane, I really wanna have your babies." Maura said.

"Maur," Jane sighed, "I am not saying no, but I'm gonna say not now. I love what we have, but right now, kids are a bad idea."

"Why? Are your nightmares returning?" "No, I need more time to think about this. Okay?"

"Okay." Maura sighed. "Hey," Jane smirked, "I love you."

"I love you too Jane Clementine Rizzoli." Maura rolled her eyes.