Love

A/N Sorry for the wait! I've been super busy with a bunch of stuff. Anyways this next chapter is based on a song called: "Do I Love You Because You're Beautiful?"  and this is maybe after Jane returned to work after having the triplets...and yes they are going to be singing. The lyrics are italicized. And I apologize for the six year time jump!

****

 Maura woke up to Jane humming.

"Hi." Maura smiled as Jane rolled back to her. "Hey." 

They shared a brief kiss. "What are you thinking about?" Maura asked.

Jane sighed, "Have you ever fallen love with someone so bad that you wonder if they're the sweetest invention of a dream?" 

Maura's brow furrowed, "Explain."

Jane sighed again before she, surprisingly, began to sing:

"Do I love you because you're beautiful?
Or are you beautiful, because I love you?
Am I making believe I see in you ,
A girl to lovely to be really true?
Do I want you because you're wonderful?
Or are you wonderful, because I want you?
Are you the sweet invention of a lover's dream?
Or are you really as beautiful as you seem?"

"Jane." Maura's voice went soft, "Maybe you're imagining me. And maybe I'm imagining you, too, but...

"Am I making believe I see in you. A woman to perfect to be really true? 

Do I want you because you're wonderful, or are you wonderful, because I want you?"

Jane smiled before her and Maura continued:

Are you the sweet invention of a lover's dream? Or are you really as wonderful as you seem?"

Jane kissed her again, "I always dreamed it would happen like this and it has for the last ten years! I never want this to end." "Neither do I." Maura whispered.

They made love for two hours before falling asleep. 

***

Jane got a call at 2 AM. She had gone back to work weeks after the triplets were born and now that they were all six and Abree was nine, she still found it hard to leave.

She got dressed and kissed Maura's forehead. She kissed all four of her children's foreheads before leaving.

She closed the front door.

Maura woke up and heard Jane's car start. She pulled the sheets around herself and got up.

Jane saw the blinds open, "Do I want you because you're wonderful?"

Maura wiped a tear away, "Or are you wonderful, because I want you."

Maura put her hand on the window.

(Both) "Are you the sweet invention of a lover's dream? Are are you really as wonderful as you seem?"

Jane waved and blew a kiss. "I love you." She said.

Maura did the same. "Stay safe, my princess." She whispered before closing the blinds as Jane drove away.

***

I don't know how I feel about this chapter, but the song tho...

Anyways, this song will make a return later in the story and I will eventually end this thing and explain why it's called "I Have Nothing". 

With this story, I'm gonna guess I will be ending it soon. About maybe twelve chapters left at the most. 

But in the mean time, keep reading!