All I Want For Christmas

Before Labor Day.

Jane left before Labor Day. Jane and Maura married weeks before Jane was deployed. They Skyped every night.

Now it was Christmas Eve and Maura was talking to her wife. She loved calling Jane her wife.

"So how's everything over there?" She asked.

"Hot. But I'm fine. Is it snowing?" "Yeah. It's so beautiful. I wish you were here."

"Me too. Only two more months and I will be home."

Maura smiled, "I am excited to see you and getting to hug and kiss you."

"Me too. I have to go. I have patrol in ten minutes. I love you."

"I love you too." Maura hung up and sighed. She really missed Jane, but enjoyed a bit of the silence.

****

Christmas

****

Maura was with Jane's family for Christmas. Her family was in France and couldn't come.

"Alright guys, we'll open presents first than have dinner." Angela said.

Everyone went around and opened their presents.

Maura was confused why she got an envelope, but she opened it and read aloud.

"Dear Maur,

Since the day we meet, I knew that I loved you. Brady was right about you and was right about how I'm afraid to lose you.

We are already married and I am overseas, but I do have a present for you.

You are probably are at Ma's, so go and open up the door to the garage.

Jane."

Maura went to the door and opened it.

"OH MY GOD! JANE!" Maura cried as she jumped into Jane's arms.

Jane held Maura tight as Maura cried into her chest. Jane set Maura down and they kissed.

Everyone clapped.

"Do I get any Canoli?" Jane asked causing everyone to laugh.

Maura kissed Jane's cheek. Things were great...

...or so they thought.