Abree

It worked. They were gonna be moms.

The nervousness rode with them until Maura was about four months, then it felt real. Jane was excited. So excited that she accidentally said that she was gonna be a father, instead of a mother.

Anything Maura wanted, Jane got for her.

Maura woke up to Jane singing. She closed her eyes as she heard Jane's raspy voice and felt her lips near her bump. The song was nearly over.

"I'll hang the moon above you, so that you'll never fear the darkness, the darkness of night. Then you'll know I love you,  each time that you feel the light...Feel the light..."

"That's beautiful. Where did you learn it?" Maura said. "YouTube." Jane says kissing Maura's belly.

"Really?" "No. My mother watched this show and she kept sending me the link to the song. Ever since we found out about little Amore, I have sung every night after you fall asleep."

"Amore? Doesn't that mean love?" Maura asked. "Yeah. If Ma hadn't sent me the link, poor Amore would have had 'Ironic' stuck in her head." Jane said.

"Her? We chose not to find out remember?" Maura says sitting up. "So? Maybe she is a girl." Jane says scooting closer to the small bump.

"Your mom is weird." Jane says before getting slapped upside the head.

"I never knew that you wanted a daughter." Maura says, eyebrows knitting.

"Well, I did have a daughter...but she died as she was born. Both of our heart rates were falling and I couldn't make a decision because I was in too much pain. If it were up to me, I would have died knowing that Abree would have been fine." Jane said leaning back into her pillow.

"Abree?" "Yeah. It means 'mother of many nations' in Italian." "Who was her father?" 

"An ex boyfriend, Casey. After my father died, I did a lot of partying and got pregnant. Ma had the doctors try and save her, but she was just too small." Jane looked at her hands.

"So that explains the tattoo of the moon?" Maura asked taking Jane's wrist.

After getting out of rehab, Jane got a tattoo over the wrist she cut when she tried to kill herself.

"Abree was the moon and the stars. Every time I felt her move, I'd smile. Frankie and Tommy were excited to be uncles. When I found out that she was a girl, they were helpful on choosing names. Ma came up with Abrella, but I didn't so, Abree won out. Abree Rose Rizzoli." Jane smiled at her tattoo.

"If it's alright with you, if it's a girl, I would like to name her Abree Rose Rizzoli-Isles."  Maura said.

"Yeah. Maura, thank you. Thank you for loving me to my being. Scars and all. So, if it is alright with you, I would like to go on a belated honeymoon and money doesn't matter, wherever we go, I wanna be with you and Amore." Jane says taking Maura's hands into her own.

"Jane..." "Oh and happy first anniversary. One year ago today, we met." Jane pulled out a small box.

Maura opened it. In the box was a necklace that was more of a dog tag. On the tags it said: "My all. My everything. Mi Amore."

Maura teared up. "God, I love you."

"I love you...and I love Abree." Jane kissed her wife.