Back In Grangeville

*Emma*

So, none of the people I've mentioned so far are in my advisory class. Advisory at our school is 4th period. It's when you, like, eat lunch and stuff. Also, your advisory teacher shows you the counselor-y videos so that the counselors don't have to. It's kinda weird.

Anyways, I have the best advisory teacher: Mr. Furkil. He's all like "Basically, all you do in advisory is read, do homework, or I've got to show you videos like Don't Talk To Molesters Over The Internet and stuff like that.

He's also my Social Studies teacher. He's awesome. You can tell he's actually been to and knows the places and things that we learn about. All in all, he's a pretty cool old dude. I wish he was my grandfather or uncle or something.

He only has one flaw: he is ALWAYS talking about his hometown of Grangeville. The other day he said, "We found these exact arrowheads buried in the farm of my home town, Grangeville. By the way, I grew up in Grangeville, which is about 6 miles south of Katchawakapiti. We had such small schools and the great relationships of small town people. I was in the band and I played baseball. After that, I went to Stephan F. Austin College, which is where I met my wife, Anne. I used to be a salesman, but then I started subbing at my son, George's school. He's my firstborn. I have two more kids: Nancy and Edward. They're grown up and George is married now. He has one kid, Oliver, and his wife, Jen, is pregnant right now. I'm 60 right now. I live about 20 miles away from the school. My father died 2 years ago. That's my life story. What were we talking about again?"

So now, whenever Mr. Furkill mentions Grangeville, Gil (short for Lilliana), Amber, Ariana, Amy, Tahmina, Xavier, and I burst into laughter. Those are the people who sit around me in class.

I love Social Studies class. It really made me appreciate the people in my life. We always have something to laugh about.

See you on the flip side, guys.

AUTHORS NOTE:

Is it pnly history teachers who talk and talk and talk?

Comment below :Q