Literary Squares

*Emma*

My reading teacher is evil. Evil, evil, evil. Her name is Mrs. Connelly. She never takes stuff up the day it's due and her assignments are just plain confusing. Like, they're unclear and she basically just gets all her stuff from Pinterest, or something.

Ermegherd, this one time, Andrew sneezed so Connor said "Bless you." He sneezed again and Connor blessed him again. She turned from her computer, glared her evil witch glare, and said, "You don't need to bless him twice! It's a waste of time. He's already blessed the first time!"

Really? Saying bless you twice was a waste of time? I'm pretty sure that lecture was a waste of time. So now, anytime anyone sneezes more than once, we make it our mission to say bless you for each sneeze.

Speaking of Mrs. Connelly's class, we're reading The Outsiders and The Westing Game at the same time. We made this binder for The Outsiders and we do literary circles for The Westing Game. My group comprises of people from my advisory class: Gil, Ariana, Xavier, and not mentioned previously: Matt and Liam.

The first fateful literary circle, thankfully, Jacki had warned me that the easiest job was Checker. We each had to have a job and when the circles met, we discuss what we did, and stuff. As soon as we started talking about what our first jobs were going to be, I said, "I call Checker!!" Everyone else was like, "Okay." But they didn't see that Checker was by far the simplest. I deserved a break, you know?

Next, we had to name our circle.

"Boss derp!" called Liam. We didn't even have to say anything because he knew that that was not going to be the name.

"Banana splits?" asked Gil.

We shook our heads.

"Literary Square?" I asked. I looked around to see nods of approval. I grinned. Emma Bly strikes again!

When we met up the next week, I groaned when I saw that on Liam's paper, he wrote Boss Derp under circle name. In sharpie. He was the only one who had to turn anything in. Crap. The Literary Squares were officially Boss Derp.

Whopee.