On Black Friday

*Emma*

I really don't understand Black Friday. I'm sorry, but ever since I was little, my mom instilled a deep hatred for this cultural phenomenon we call Black Friday. Here's the main reasons.

REASON 1

It's Crazy town

People are willing to trample children to get the best deals.

My friend, Maria, told me that when she was five, she and her mom went to Best Buy on Black Friday. A big flock of cookoo birds came up and separated her from her mom. Now, she is scarred for life.

REASON 2

Too Many People

Certain stores on Black Friday have a higher population density than a sold-out 1D concert.

You see, I have this condition where... *how do I phrase this* ... I don't like people. I like being around my friends, but can you blame me for not wanting to be squashed by strangers at Macy's?

REASON 3

I Can Just Do Cyber Monday

I mean, I know the deals are good, but I'm perfectly fine with paying $20 more for an iPhone on Cyber Monday in the comfort of my living room and not in an overcrowded mall. Just saying.

CONCLUSION

Don't blame me, this is just my opinion. All in all, Black Friday is a strange American custom where people participate in mass gatherings in stores to fight over cheaper items instead of spending time with family. Unless Black Friday is how you spend time with your family! You can stay on your side of Black Friday: in the stores and catching the deals; but I'm gonna stay on my side: watching all this insanity on TV and eating leftovers. Yum!

Author's Note:

What do y'all think of Black Friday?

Keep on voting and commenting!!! <3