~Chapter 19~ The Restaurant.

~Steph's P.O.V~

"EHH, MITCH! GREAT TO SEE YOU, BUDDY! WHO'S THE WOMAN?" I heard a drunk Tyler yell as he waddled over to me and Mitch. That's what we get for going to a bar and grill. Mitch walked in front of me so that Tyler wouldn't hurt me, or maybe so he wouldn't hit on me? Hurt me makes much more sense.

"Tyler, where in the Hell is Jason and Jerome?" I whispered. He waved for us to follow him and he waddled. He led us to Jason, but not how I wanted to see him. He was drunk and he had a stripper dancing on him. Jason looked over and saw me sanding by Mitch with his arm wrapped around my waist. He just grabbed the stripper and started dragging her over towards us.

"Mitch, maybe we should just go to the restaurant part of it and eat." I pulled him down to my height and whispered that into his ear.

"So like a date?" he asked, smirking.

"Sure, like a date." I smiled. I took his hand into mine and ran over to the restaurant part. We found a booth in the corner next to the window so we could be like a cliché movie.

"What could I get you two to drink?" the waitress asked us. Finally, one person in this world that seemed decent.

"I'll have a coke, how about you?" Mitch asked me.

"Uh, I'll go with a diet Pepsi, please." I smiled at the waitress . She smiled as she wrote down the drinks.

"First date, eh? We get a lot of those around here." she said. We nodded. "You two are so cute!" she said. We thanked her and she walked away.

"So, because this is like our 'first date', we should get to know each other better." Mitch stated. I nodded my head ever so slightly. "What's your favorite color?"

"I do like green and orange the most, but I also like neons," I said after a minute of thinking about it. "What about you?"

"Well, I'd have to say the color of your eyes." he winked. I blushed. The waitress came back with our drinks. She bent down and whispered something to Mitch. After she stood up straight, she winked at him. Mitch nodded and then she walked away.

"What the fuck did she say?" I asked. I raised my voice a little, but it was enough for people to start staring.

"Calm down, she just said to complement you as much as possible. She even gave me a good pickup line to use on you." he explained. My face had to be as red as a tomato.

"Oops, sorry. What is it?" I asked, generally curious in what the pickup line was. He laughed.

"It was really stupid." he said while shaking his head and smiling.

"Oh, come on! Maybe I like cheesy things!" I giggled. He sighed.

"If you are ever getting mauled by a bear with chainsaw hands, um, I hope he stays away from your face, because I, uh, I think you're kinda c-cute." he said while looking down. His face was pure red, and to be honest, it was pretty hot. I just smiled and took a sip of the carbonated liquid. I set the cup down.

"That's so cute!" I laughed. Mitch blushed even more. The people that were starring at us before were now smiling, laughing, and awing. I grabbed one of his hands underneath the table and looked at the menu with my other hand.

I started looking in the menu for what I wanted to eat.

"The chicken strips look good." I said. Mitch laughed. "What's so funny?"

"That's the kids menu." he laughed. I set the menu down and glared at him.

"Maybe I want to be a kid!" I yelled. He laughed even more.

"Whatever you want, baby girl." he said. The same lady that gave us our drinks came over to take our orders. I got the chicken strips with honey mustard and Mitch got something really fancy that I couldn't understand.

"That sounds really good." I said. He nodded. I just sat there awkwardly, looking down, waiting for some sort of conversation to happen. He seemed more interested in the people walking around the place. I took out my phone and scrolled Twitter.

I found the drunk tweets of Tyler. They were basically random letters in random orders trying to say something. All of the replies to his drunkenness were things like "We love you when you're drunk!" or "What is that supposed to mean?"

I decided to tweet something. It was just how chicken strips are the best. After that, I checked my messages. Nothing but my mom telling me to get back home. I rolled my eyes and put my phone in my purse.

"So, are you from around here? Well, I mean, obviously. We just came from your house. I'm sorry." he said. I just smiled.

"I was born here but I moved. When are you getting an apartment?" I asked.

"Um I think it's ready for us to move there in 3 days. That's what the landlord told me." he said really loudly. I nodded. Thank God that we won't have to be in that hotel any longer than that. We started talking more about it and with every detail, I got more excited to move in with him.

"Here you go, your food." some sassy waitress came over and set down our food. She rolled her eyes at me and walked over to Mitch. She sat on him and kissed his cheek. She got up and walked away, turning around halfway to say out loud "call me.".

Everyone in the restaurant turned around to look at us sitting at the table. I tried to keep the hurt feeling from showing on my face.

"Mitch, what the fuck was that?" I asked quietly. He looked down. "Mitchell..?"

"My ex." he said. I think he knew she was here because he didn't seem phased by the fact that she did that in front of me. She was perfect, I have to admit. Skinny brunette with piercing blue eyes that would make any guy melt. I began to feel my self-esteem drop the more I thought about it.

"I'm not really hungry anymore. I'll pay you back for the wasted food." I said as I stood up and walked over to the bar area. Some of the children that watched yelled at Mitch for letting me go. I picked up the pace to get away from the noise.

To be honest, part of me wanted him to run and get me. For him to kiss me and assure me that I'm the only one he wants, but that wouldn't happen.

I rounded up Tyler, Jerome, and Jason. "You guys ready to go?"

"Who are you?" Tyler slurred. "Are you that girl that's on my home screen?"

I blushed madly. I didn't think he liked me that much. I love him like a brother, but that's still pretty creepy.

"No it's Steph!" Jerome yelled. I smiled and hugged the drunk Jerome.

"Are you guys ready to go yet?" I asked. They all shook their heads. Jerome walked towards the bar and ordered something. He walked back over to me and handed me the drink. "What is this?"

"Something fruity, I think." he shrugged. I took a sip of the liquid. I don't drink, don't smoke, but everything will change tonight. I'll show them all a new me.