~Chapter 29~ My Forever.

~Chapter 29~

I pushed Lachlan off of me and started to panic. Everything hit me at once. Ashley and Mitch liked each other. Why was I so stupid to think that Mitch would actually waste his time with me?

Lachlan looked sad and hurt that I didn't want anything to do with him. He must have the wrong idea about us. I would never actually hook up with Lachlan, I didn't like him like that.

Jason started to walk towards the door, but I ran over to him and spun him around. Spontaneously, I kissed him. What else was I supposed to do, I mean, Mitch doesn't love me and I didn't love him. After all this crap Jason and I have been through, we obviously still have feelings for each other.

Jason was startled at first, but eventually he eased into the kiss. I could feel myself smiling into the kiss and we didn't pull away for a bit.

After we pulled away, I giggled quietly. Jason looked very happy that this had happened. I looked over to see Mitch and Ashely still kissing and giggling. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy for them, but it still hurts.

I walked over to Mitch and smiled. Ashley looked annoyed, but I didn't care.

"So, I take this as us seeing other people?" I laugh. He smiled and nods. "By the way, I'm happy for you two. Even if Ashley and I aren't the best of friends. I wish you two luck."

"You and Jason, too. From both of us." Ashley said. I smiled at her and gave her a small hug. She accepted it, and it wasn't that awkward anymore.

"And don't come crawling back if something happens." Mitch added. I glared at him before walking back to Jason.

"Y'know, Jason, I don't think we've ever made ourselves official, like, we've only assumed we were together." I said.

"You're right, aren't you?" He asked. I nodded and smiled the biggest smile I've had in a while. He got down on one knee and took my hand. He started talking and everybody listened.

"Okay, well, we've been through a lot of shit. I remember the day in that hospital that I shot you down, and I felt terrible for it. I never stopped having feelings for you, but I thought you stopped caring about me. Every single time I saw you and Mitch, I got really jealous. I knew you two weren't in love, it was obvious. I've craved your affection for almost a year now, ever since I met you. You are the girl that I want to spend forever with. You are my forever. Stephanie, would you be my girlfriend?" He asked. Everyone looked excited, even Lachlan. I giggled and looked around before saying the sentence that I will never regret.

"Jason, Hell yeah I will!" I yelled, then he stood up and kissed me. Everyone seemed really happy for us. Jerome came in and saw it all go down.

We pulled away and Jason was surrounded by our peers. I walked over to Jerome to see what was up with him.

"Jerome? What's happened with you?" I asked reluctantly.

"I-I don't know honestly. I didn't want you and Mitch together. I guess I could see that you and Jason were still in love, even though you distanced yourselves from each other. I'm happy for you two, you made it out alive in the end." Jerome said with a smile. I hugged him tightly and he left. His reason was because he had a flight tomorrow evening, but I think he just needed space. I don't know why he would, but it made sense at the time.

Mitch and Ashley were now a thing. I have to admit, they are extremely cute together. As much as I want to deny that, it's true. And I will love Mitch forever, but in a friendly way.

You can see it in the way they look at each other, and you can hear it in the way they talk. They are truly in love with each other. It's sad to think that I once stood in between that.

I hope that is how people saw my relationship with Jason.

Speaking of Jason, he is all mine now. Nothing can get in the way of us right now.

I stood in a corner of the room and watched everybody. Mitch and Ashley were deep in conversation when I looked at them. Adam and Jason were also talking a bit. Lachlan walked up to me slowly.

"So, what exactly was that elevator kiss?" Lachlan asked me, he sounded heartbroken. I sighed and responded.

"I only did that so the whore would stop flirting with you. Nothing was meant by it, Lachlan." I said. He replied with "oh" and walked away.

I feel like this time everything will work out for good. He'll get over me, he is a handsome young man. Not to mention his fangirls swoon over him.

Jason walked over to me from Adam and smiled slightly at me.

"Jason, we should get to bed. We have a whole day ahead of us tomorrow," I said. He smiled and nodded.

We said goodbye to everyone and went into his car. The ride to his place was silent. I can say I went to bed happy that night.

For once, everything felt right.

» Authors Note «

This was short, but one more chapter(: And I have a day that it is scheduled to go up, so don't worry. I'm getting organized!