A New Start

It was a sunny day today, Monday morning, where everybody woke up early and got ready for school. It was 7:20 am and as usual, Maya was headed to the Matthews place. It was already between February and March.

She came up the fire escape and arrived at the bay window, she reached to open the window door but it seemed to be locked. Maya pressed her face against the window to see if Riley was there. Riley was brushing her brown silky hair in the mirror and she saw Maya's reflection and turned around, sighing.

Maya waved, although Riley turned back and continued to brush her hair.

"Why did you locked the window??" Maya asked, tapping the glass.

"To avoid strangers like yourself" Riley answered getting up and started making the bed.

"Yea okay.... Open the door would you?" Maya responded as she could see Riley sighing again.

Riley headed towards the window and unlocked it to let Maya in. "Thanks" Maya said, heading in.

"You're gonna make me late for school" Riley said taking a look at her watch.

"Late? School starts at 8, we've got plenty of time"

"I'm not going to school with you, I'm heading off to a new one called 'Washington High' " Riley said.

Maya stared at Riley, looking puzzled as ever. Is she moving cause she can't take it anymore? Or is it between me and Lucas? 

"New school, why? Riles is it about me and Lucas?? Uhhh Cause nothing happened between us it was just a -

"You don't need to tell me about you and Lucas, don't rub it in my face. Look, I just need a new start, that's all" Riley continued.

"Farkle says you remember something, you remember him and Lucas, why not me???" Maya asked not understanding the situation.

"Yea, I kind of remember them but I don't remember you and I don't know why, but in the meantime I need to get away from this, from all of this" Riley said and walked out of her bedroom leaving Maya to hesitate.

Maya sat down on the bed, thinking " is this it?"
Moments later, Topanga and Cory came in.

"Hey kiddo, how you doing?" Topanga asked with a friendly smile.

"What.. What do I even do now?" Maya said, "it's really useless now"

"No it isn't, I think you should continue to try Maya, and eventually Riley would come back running to you" Cory said.

"She remembers Lucas and Farkle!!! And everyone else but me?!!! I mean.... What did I do for gods sake!!" Maya broke down and Topanga settled her down on her shoulder.

"Sweetie, maybe it's time to move on, you can't be best friends forever" Topanga said.

"Get a new start, you could always be friends with Riley but not best friends" Cory said.
"But I, I made a promise to her" Maya cried.

" Sometimes, promises are meant to be broken"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hiiiiii GUYS, I KNOW THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT AND IM SO TERRIBLY SORRY FOR UPDATING SO LATE, IVE BEEN REALLY BUSY LATELY, BUT I DO HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER.

PLEASE VOTE ON IT AND COMMENT IF YOU WANT, AND THERES STILL MORE UPDATING SOON.